Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello...leaving to get my 176 tonight
    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 9:57am
Hello folks,

I don't have an RPod yet, but I will by tomorrow.  Leaving tonight for RV Nation, 550 miles each way, to get our 176.  Really looking forward to it, I've been wanting a camper for years.  As soon as I get it I'll be building a railing for the bunks for the kiddo, and looking for places to add storage I'm sure.

Any tips from you guys on a check list before I sign the paperwork?  At least, aside from the obvious stuff like making sure the heat/ac/stove and plumbing all work and are free of leaks?
Podsible Dream View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 10:07am
Welcome, FISHTAIL!
Check out the other threads on this forum under the welcome sections and dealer reviews to get a good idea about what folks have had problems with on a new Pod from a dealer. We bought ours used, so many kinks had been worked out, but I have still had to learn all the winterizing-dewinterizing stuff myself as well as what the Free Spirit was actually capable of doing and how it behaved - both on the road and in the park.

Enjoy your Pod and have a safe trip acroos the country in the heat and that cold front with the storms that is passing through that area today...
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
pmjensen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 10:24am
Welcome, we also have a 176 and love it.  Since there are only two of us we use the bunks for storage.  There is quite a bit of storage under the bottom bunk and under the dinette seat on the bathroom side. Plus you have the pass through in the back on the outside. 

Happy Podding
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 10:29am
Welcome Fishtail, and congratulations. My only suggestion is to take notes or a video on your walkthrough. The manuals you will get are pretty much generic and don't always apply to your Pod.
And come back here with your questions!
B
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
FISHTAIL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Podsible Dream

Welcome, FISHTAIL!
Check out the other threads on this forum under the welcome sections and dealer reviews to get a good idea about what folks have had problems with on a new Pod from a dealer. We bought ours used, so many kinks had been worked out, but I have still had to learn all the winterizing-dewinterizing stuff myself as well as what the Free Spirit was actually capable of doing and how it behaved - both on the road and in the park.

Enjoy your Pod and have a safe trip acroos the country in the heat and that cold front with the storms that is passing through that area today...

Thanks.  I did see some posts about problems, but not many.  Maybe I was looking in the wrong place.  I'm hoping I don't have to many issues, as my local dealership said they will not perform any warranty work if I buy out of state (which I'm doing, because RV Nation beat the crap out of the local guys price).  I'm sure there may be other shops nearby that will fix it, but I'm hoping I don't have to deal with much of that.  

Depending on how far I get tonight, I might be using the pod for the first time on the way home...don't think I can do 16+ hours in a day, my limit is usually 12.
Caverkim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 2:49pm
Congrats and enjoy!! 
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
FISHTAIL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Snowbound

Welcome Fishtail, and congratulations. My only suggestion is to take notes or a video on your walkthrough. The manuals you will get are pretty much generic and don't always apply to your Pod.
And come back here with your questions!
B

That's a great idea, I think I'll do that.  Not sure how much video my little snapshot camera will hold, but I love that idea.  Even if I just have to do a short one on the more important operations, that is still an excellent suggestion.  Thanks.

I'm getting excited about going to snag this thing.  First, because I've wanted a camper for years, and second, because I love road trips.

Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:26pm
If you are going to stay overnight in your pod take a couple of gallons of water. You won't be able to use the tanks until they are sanitized and flushed so water system will be unuseable. Refrigerator, stove, lights  and room heat if you need it,  will work though. You should get a charged battery and a full tank of propane (I hope) from your dealer.
B
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
FISHTAIL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:30pm
Another good point.  They are going to give me some fresh water, but it won't do me much good if I haven't cleaned the system out yet with the bleach/vinegar deal huh.  I'll stop in the morning before I pick it up and buy a couple gallons of water at the store.  Maybe also some eggs/bacon/bread and stuff.  No need to lug it all the way out there, might as well get it locally.  
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:35pm
Congratulations and welcome to the group! Smile
I hope you have a safe trip back with your new Pod.  I am sure you must be excited.

I think stopping overnight is an excellant idea ( a good excuse to use your Pod).  There are always lots of good folks here to answer any questions that you might have.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>