FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR Pod 172

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R Pod 172
    Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:16pm
Hi all!

We just got our 2011 RPod 172 last weekend!! We did a lot of research beforehand before giving the dealer our offer.... which was accepted. Now I am thinking we have offered too high! How much is everyone paying out the door (title, tax, misc fees)? 

I just want to compare, please don't think I am nosy :) 

Susan LOL
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:33pm
Don't be surprised at the variation, Susan, there are a couple of dealers in the east/Midwest that discount heavily. If you got an HRE, made in Oregon, it still has to travel further t you in socal than it would to a person in MN or Ky from the big dealer in Indiana. Variables also include the % of sales tax and other licensing fees.
In any case, this should be an interesting thread!!

Welcome to the Podding life!!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:40pm
Welcome to the group and congratulations on your new Pod! Smile

Prices.....I have heard from several people that almost all RVs are more expensive West of the Mississippi River.  My own shopping over the years seems to indicate this.  Most everyone seems to be paying in the $11,000 to $14,000 range. (plus taxes, title, etc.)

No matter what I buy, it seems that it is always a little cheaper (somewhere) AFTER I buy. LOL
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 8:17pm
Welcome!  I can only tell you what I paid almost 2 years ago for my 171.  $12020 plus a $50 "processing fee" which I'm sure I could have talked down.  
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
jayber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 8:50pm
I paid $12,200 this spring for a loaded 171.
Jay
2010 Honda Odyssey
RP 171 aka PodInn
FISHTAIL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 11:59pm
I just paid 12,795 for a loaded up 176 last Friday.  Only missing options on ours were the bike rack and axle risers, it's got everything else.  But I had to drive 1200 miles (round trip) to get that price.  Also, (I just realized I missed one part) that was before taxes, but including fee's.  Add another 800 or so for sales tax in my case, which I haven't paid yet.  I just got my title yesterday, so now I've got to make a trip to the DMV.

I wouldn't sweat it if someone paid less than you though, such is life.  If you put in an offer on it, then obviously you thought that was a good price you were willing to pay for something you wanted.  Just because someone else may have gotten it for less doesn't change the fact that you felt the deal was fair. 

As long as you are within a reasonable amount of what most folks are paying, I'd call it good and forget about it.  You won't even think about what you paid for it in a year anyway after you've been using it.
Susanyang View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 1:01am
Thank you all for the replies!!

Although we really love our R-Pod, but indeed, we paid too much! We paid $15,900 including title and all other fees. Ouch The dealer acted like he lost money on it! Now who's the fool??? He is a really good salesman and actor! 

We are hoping we will have many good memories camping in our little R-Pod with our children.  

Susan aka sucker
(San Jose, CA)
FISHTAIL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 9:22am
That might not be as bad as you think. You can probably add at least 1k over my price for shipping, maybe more. Either way, it wont matter 6 months from now...you'll have forgotten all about it. Enjoy your new camper!
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 10:22am
We paid $14500 for the 182G in Illinois.  It was about $500 more expensive than what Couch's was going to charge before shipping, so we came out pretty well.

At the end of the day, you want to consider what you have and whether the price you pay for it is worth the enjoyment you'll get from it over the years.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 10:41am
Hey,  just be glad you did not buy it in Canada. We paid 18,950 BEFORE taxes this spring. I've heard the price has gone up and that is with our dollar being worth more than yours.
B
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>