Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedpictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: pictures
    Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 10:39pm
trying to post pics of our new camper. it says pics or file too large. need some help please.
LIFE DOESNT WAIT. ENJOY IT. THE ALIEN CRAFT 2011 SURVEYOR SPORT TOYOTA FJ CRUISER
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 6:42am
I'm not a good one to answer this as I struggle with it myself.  I think I have read here that the are some free software sources and/or use a site (like Photobucket).  The file/picture needs to be under 500KB - which is kind of tough with modern cameras.  I use a Kodak "Easy Share" camera and software @ 8.2 megapixels and the files are usually around 1.75 - 1.90MB.  I end up cropping and saving (repeatedly) to get the file down to size.  However, what I end up posting is about 1/4 of the original picture.  
Once you get the file uploaded, you will probably want to adjust the size of the picture before posting.  You can adjust the height/width in the file upload program.  I have found that, very roughly speaking, somewhere around 4-500 height and 5-600 width fits well in the post/screen.  

This picture was cropped down to 421KB and the original upload size was 1454 width and 1087 height.  I just divided both by 3 and ended up with 484W X 362H.
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 6:53am
The photo manager program in Windows allows you to save pictures at a lower pixel density so they can be uploaded.
Open the photo file from Explorer or in My Computer, then double click to edit or open the edit function. There are thee levels of compression in my version, the middle one got my 700-1200kb files down to uploadable size and still looked good.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 7:20am
Podsible-

I forgot to post that the ball was big enough that Dixie couldn't get a good "bite" into it.  However, she eventually got it cornered between the house and fireplace chimney.  A well placed claw cause it to experience a "rapid deflation". LOL  It was well worth the $2.50 just to watch her playing with it - while it lasted.
Outbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 9:26am
You can also use a free service like webshots.  Once you've uploaded photos into albums there (no size limit on individual pictures), you can choose the ones you want to post in a forum and the size, and webshots will create the bb-code for you which can be copied-and-pasted into the forum here.

Your pictures are kept neat and organized on webshots and you can email links to albums to friends and family, but its also very easy to post pictures in forums.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
BIG BEAR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 3:17pm
thank you guys so much. will be posting some pics of the alien craft soon
LIFE DOESNT WAIT. ENJOY IT. THE ALIEN CRAFT 2011 SURVEYOR SPORT TOYOTA FJ CRUISER
Brin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by David

Podsible-

I forgot to post that the ball was big enough that Dixie couldn't get a good "bite" into it.  However, she eventually got it cornered between the house and fireplace chimney.  A well placed claw cause it to experience a "rapid deflation". LOL  It was well worth the $2.50 just to watch her playing with it - while it lasted.
David,
We also got a cheap beach ball and had about 15 minutes of hilarious fun watching it bounce off the end of Panzer's nose.  She seemed to enjoy it too.  She would bounce it so high it would ricochet  off trees and over the fence.   Finally she trapped it on the fence and it was done for.     I tried a more expensive balance ball (exercise ball) and it only lasted 5 minutes.   The beach ball was priceless.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
2009 - 175 RPod
2000 Ford F250 XLT Extended Cab Diesel
BIG BEAR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 4:18pm
i have a pit bull what i do is take a old bowling ball fill the finger holes with peanut butter. lol. thats the only ball he cant demolish lol
Brin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by BIG BEAR

i have a pit bull what i do is take a old bowling ball fill the finger holes with peanut butter. lol. thats the only ball he cant demolish lol

I am afraid that I would have bowling ball sized holes in my wall as she rolled it around.LOL  But you are right, she couldn't hurt the ball. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
2009 - 175 RPod
2000 Ford F250 XLT Extended Cab Diesel
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Brin

Originally posted by BIG BEAR

I am afraid that I would have bowling ball sized holes in my wall as she rolled it around.LOL  But you are right, she couldn't hurt the ball. 

Thanks for the info on the exercise ball.  I was hoping to find somthing a little more heavy duty for her, but still bouncy enough to be fun.  I have yet to think of anything.

I'm with Brin on the bowling ball, BigBear.  I bought Dixie a rubber tire, at the pet store, and she brought it into the house.  I didn't think much of it until I started seeing "skid marks" all over the walls. LOL  I don't think the house would survive a bowling ball with her....but it's a neat idea and I'm glad your pup likes it. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>