R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Anyone consider adding an outside shower faucet?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnyone consider adding an outside shower faucet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone consider adding an outside shower faucet?
    Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Hodge-PODge

Originally posted by Tri-Pod

. Will post some pictures when we pick it up this week.

I'd really like to see what kind of window you put in your door.  Look forward to seeing your photos!
Diane

X2.. Thinking about a porthole...
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Tri-Pod

We took our 176 to the dealer last week to have an outside shower installed in the push out under the sink on the outside and a window put in the door. I would have preferred the shower more forward but the water lines are right there. I would have done it my self, but so busy at the office it was just easier to " Get'r done". Will post some pictures when we pick it up this week.

I'd really like to see what kind of window you put in your door.  Look forward to seeing your photos!
Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 1:42pm
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 10:30pm
We took our 176 to the dealer last week to have an outside shower installed in the push out under the sink on the outside and a window put in the door. I would have preferred the shower more forward but the water lines are right there. I would have done it my self, but so busy at the office it was just easier to " Get'r done". Will post some pictures when we pick it up this week.
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 10:46pm

David, that's a cool accessory.  I also like that they give you a utility light on that side of the camper.

Tri-Pod, if you happen to find that thread let me know.

Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 7:35pm
One of the other members had a shower installed when he picked up his r-pod. I will try to find a link for that. He had his installed on the outside front under the lower bunk in his model and they ran the water behind the kitchen and into the bunk. In the same race way were the electrical runs. He didn't supply a picture but it was the same one that was shown from Campers Word. It is a neat idea. Clark.
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 7:08pm
Here is the spray port located on the side of the camper:

It looks very much like standard "air hose/compressor" fittings but, it is not interchangable.  They are slightly different.  However, they do operate the same.

Here is the spray hose with a standard garden hose "pistol grip" sprayer.  Any garden hose sprayer will thread on.  Also pictured is the "Y" with individual shut offs (the pressure reducer is the brass thing). 

As you can see, the camper can be connected to one "leg" of the "Y".  Another hose can be connected to the other leg of the "Y".  With the above, I already have a pistol sprayer to put on the end of the second hose.  However, if you want to splurge, buy a second nozzel for the end of the second hose.

I should add that I have never tried using the sprayer, plugged into the spray port, while hooked up to city water.  I assume it would work.  However, I think it would not flow as well opposed to the above arrangement.  Plus, it saves a little wear and tear on the spray port seal.

The "Y" is nice to have.  I once was in the situation where my water supply hookup was broke and there were no ther campsites available.  The neibors were kind enough to let me tap on to their's.  Also, I figure if the valve on my city water connection on the trailer decides to blow out/malfuction, I can screw this thing into the side of the camper, shut the valves to get by until home and I can repair.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by secretbard

Hey David, I'd be interested in seeing what your set-up looks like.  Please post a picture.  For my own outside facet, I'd like to do something simple that I can hook-up and take down easily.  Isn't there some kind of facet that you can hook up to the city water line that will allow you to draw water from there?  

I'll see if Dixie will let me out long enough to take a couple of pictures when I get home.  This hose just plugs/unplugs on the side of the camper when needed.  With the "Y" I run one hose to the camper (as normal).  I carry a second hose that can be hooked to the other side of the "Y". I carry 2 - 25' sections of hose,  which comes in handy if the water hook up or fill is far away. 

tdrace View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 11:32pm
Sounds like you have muddoppers nest on your fan, Just need to take the top off of your air conditioner and clean them off. This just happened to me. Good Luck
tdrace's
2018 180
2010 FORD F150 V-8
equalizer e-2 hitch
Sisters on the Fly #1569
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 10:54pm

Hodge, yeah, that's basically what I had on my popup and what I was considering for the 'pod.

Outbound, lol, any excuse for some more tools!  But in this case the 'pod is going to the dealer after our current trip to get the decals removed for good (on the curved surfaces - my 2nd set are all peeling), plus get the A/C looked at (sounds like the fan is hitting something when it starts), so I think I'll ask them for an estimate while its there.

David, I've done the same thing for years with a Y at the campground's faucet connection.  Works ok for feet but can be quite cold at times especially in the cooler months.  And with my luck the trip that my wife decides to make a big pot of something for a big group is the same trip the faucet is 3 inches from the ground so the extra outlet is useless for a big pot.  :-)

I'm also considering rigging up something that would connect to the low-point drains.  But then that's something else I have to set up and take down each time and the biggest reason for getting the 'pod was to cut down on setup time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>