R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Anyone consider adding an outside shower faucet?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnyone consider adding an outside shower faucet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone consider adding an outside shower faucet?
    Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 8:22pm
Secretbard, when the Pod is connect to city water, the water pump is bypassed and pressure is delivered by the city water pressure. The water is fed directly to the internal plumbing. So an external faucet would also be fed the same way, including th HW heater. Then if you are 'off the grid' but with a full potable water tank, your external shower will be pressure driven by the water pump.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
secretbard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 7:45pm
Hey David, I'd be interested in seeing what your set-up looks like.  Please post a picture.  For my own outside facet, I'd like to do something simple that I can hook-up and take down easily.  Isn't there some kind of facet that you can hook up to the city water line that will allow you to draw water from there?  
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:20pm
I have an outside spray hose, but not a shower.  It is cold water only.  It comes in handy every now and then for cleaning muddy hiking boots, etc.  However, it can drain the fresh water tank alarmingly quickly, if I'm not careful.  If I have full hookups, I have an inexpensive valved "Y" that I connect a second hose to (bypassing the camper entirely).  If you are interested in something like this, I'll run out and take a picture or 2 for you.
Outbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 3:00pm
techntrek, it sounds like you'd use it, and it should be a fairly neat, easy install with the unit that Hodge-PODge linked to.  I really don't see any downside to doing the install.  Plus you get to buy a new tool to crimp the pipes.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 11:29am
In case anyone is interested, this is a link to the exact faucet that was on the outside of my 5th wheel, and on the outside of my pop-up camper I had before the 5th wheel:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/exterior-shower-white/22260

I had no trouble with the outside shower in either of my previous campers.  The 2 bad reviews seem to originate from the way Camping World installed it, not from the shower itself.  But you can make up your own minds.
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Podsible Dream View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 10:57am
You are thinking of a H/C mixing faucet? Set low by the hot water heater? Then a shower hose with a mount up higher?   We have been contemplating the same thing, wondering what type of faucet to use, though. The one in the shower looks pretty flimsy for an outside device.
But I still owe the house a couple of extra water outlets....so it could be a while...
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
Bigbit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 9:22am
If you'll use it, go for it. I have one on my Trailmanor and have never used it. It's just another potential leak point!
FISHTAIL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 11:17pm
Do it!  And take pictures...
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 10:33pm
We used this all the time on our popup - wash the sand off of feet (and other places it tends to collect), wash pots and pans that don't fit in the sink (although I've been known to use the inside shower for this too).  On my 171 there is a blank spot on the side wall in front of the water heater.  Inside this is empty cabinet space AND hot and cold water lines are already right there.  Sounds like the perfect place to add an outside shower faucet.  Thoughts?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12