R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedImportant Lesson Learned

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Important Lesson Learned
    Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 11:47pm
Well folks we made it back after a long hot weekend in Goofy and I learned a very very important lesson today. If your sewer line is not quite long enough to reach the dump port dont use the hose that your dealer so graciously gave you when you purchesed your unit to extend the good hose you bought. You will be staning there looking at where you hooked the two hoses togeather with the sleeve designed to hold them with no clamps (yeah right, bet you know where this is headed now) It will fail and when it fails trust me in this heat you will say words that your mother would wash your mouth out with soap over. thank goodness I was close to the bath house. Got some very stange looks from some of the folks in there when I walked in. I will be buying a new set up in the morning so if anyone has suggestions please feel free to let me know. I am sure that in the future I will look back on this an laugh at it the way my wife was laughing at me when it happened. Somethings in life should not be purchased based on their price.    DeadDead
Greg Bridgeman
Honesty is telling the truth
Integrity is telling the thruth when it hurts
Bigbit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 12:38am
I have two flexible hoses; the main hose has the female bayonet connector on one end and a 90 degree fitting with the male threads to connect to the camp Sewage receptacle. The second hose is basically an extension hose with male and female bayonet connectors, one on each end. With that combo, I can safely handle a pretty long sewage line run without issues.
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 9:25am
Dead Yikes Dead

I'm still very happy with our RhinoFlex hose that we have.

Where were you all staying on this trip, somewhere local? 

Good luck with a new hose and I hope we bump into you all again sometime this season!
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 10:26am
Take a look at my recent thread on my black water tank issues - Outbound posted a clip from RV in there, it sounds like you tried to recreate that scene...
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 11:23am
Sorry to hear of the troubles.

I carry a cheap blue 10' dump hose that does a fine job at most every dump station.  In addition to this, I also carry a 20' "premium" hose - for those situations when the above will not reach or I will be camping with full hookups for an extended period.

The blue hose, I replace every 2-3 years.  The other one will probably last a lifetime.
secretbard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 1:28pm
Rino-flex.  I swear by it and you can see the black water empty out from the semi-clear elbow of the hose.  I also carry a female bayonet coupling and that Y connector as seen in the RV movie.  LOL
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
 Post Reply Post Reply