R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHeater power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heater power
    Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Chuck

I feel that somehow I have created this turmoil by asking for input on how to wire my 2 batteries together. I am so sorry for that. I want all 3 of you to know that I am very grateful for all of the time that was taken to formulate well thought out suggestions. And the pictures that gave me a much clearer understanding of my options. If it wasn't for this forum and folks like the 3 of you helping me I would not be able to do many of the things that I have been able to do with my Pod. Please continue to have different opinions and be willing to share them with rookies like me. We can't do this with out y'all.

Chuck

Chuck,  you did nothing wrong and should in no way feel bad about things.  You asked a question (which us members really like that) and you got some replies.  That's how the forum is supposed to work.  If anything, I owe you an apology for not posting a picture ir 2 sooner.  Life & job has been keeping me pretty busy for the last couple of months.  Ouch
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 8:25am
Yes, as I stated a couple posts ago, I removed my posts, and I gave the reason I did so.

Hopefully, as I stated in that post, someone who has properly installed a dual battery mod will post up pictures of their wiring so as to help anyone who needs them.
Chuck View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 8:24am
I feel that somehow I have created this turmoil by asking for input on how to wire my 2 batteries together. I am so sorry for that. I want all 3 of you to know that I am very grateful for all of the time that was taken to formulate well thought out suggestions. And the pictures that gave me a much clearer understanding of my options. If it wasn't for this forum and folks like the 3 of you helping me I would not be able to do many of the things that I have been able to do with my Pod. Please continue to have different opinions and be willing to share them with rookies like me. We can't do this with out y'all.

Chuck
Z-pod
Chuck Janet & Bogie the dog
'12 RP 177
1972 Shasta 1400
2005 Ford F-150 5.3L V8
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 9:22pm
Folks.....I'm sorry about this Cry

Posts in this thread have been changed.  Be assured that it was not done by Admin or the moderators.

Please, you are always welcome to private/personal mail any of us, if you feel offended in anyway by us or any forum member.  This is the last thing any of us wants - and I'm sure you want to read.  We'll continue to do the best we can.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Chuck

furpod (or anyone else that can comment), You mentioned the "dual battery mod" that you did. Did you include a switch between them? I have 2 batteries and it's a pain to disconnect and reconnect each time I want to switch. I sure would like to put in a switch but know nothing about what to use or the challenges of that kind of install.

Chuck shifted the subject to dual battery connections and asked for advise.  All 3 of us (myself, Tech, and furpod) offered opinions/advise.  It is really up to Chuck to decide how he wants to proceed.  This is "standard operating proceedure" here.  Someone will ask for advise and a whole bunch of us will jump in and try to help.  It's one of the really cool things about the forum.  We get exposed to a whole lot of different viewpoints/opinions/practices. 

I asked to go PM as you quoted me and seemed to be upset - a personal matter between you and I that would be best handled out of the public forum.  I would have done this - moderator or not.  If 2 members are upset, it is best to discuss the matter privately as many of the readers find this sort of thing distasteful.  PM is a good thing.  A number of us use it to "talk" directly with each other.  Podders Helping Podders advertise that they are happy to go "one on one" with you to help where they can.  No offense should be taken.  There are times to discuss things confidentially. 

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 6:07pm
I took it as it being pointed out that there is a wrong way and a right way. And that my way was wrong. Also, as I said, I didn't ask about batteries, I asked about if anyone knew for sure if the heater motor wires were constant 12v. The implication that someone had taken time out of their busy schedule to help me, and then I chose not to heed their advice.. which I didn't ask for, bothered me.

and now based on the last moderator post, if I want to discuss it, or clarify it, I should PM him.. so I think it's best I just not bother. I have never needed to be moderated in all the time I have been on the internet.

So I removed my posts so as to not misguide someone else who might want to know about adding a dual battery mod to their trailer.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 5:17pm
I'm not sure what happened here, either, furpod.  You offered your way, I offered another way, we had a normal debate.  No reason to go and delete all of your posts...
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 5:14pm
Never mind. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by furpod

Originally posted by David

I think it worth mentioning that most everything in this forum is presented as opinion and information.  It is the duty of the reader to digest the material and determine within themselves what, if any, course of action they may choose to take. 

While I can only speak for myself, I gain or lose nothing regardless of how anyone hooks up their batteries, lifts their matresses, empties their black tanks, etc.  Anything that I offer is done so out of generosity of spirit and within the limits of my knowledge and experience.  Others may do things differently or be of a different opinion - that's OK - refer to the opening paragraph.

At the end of the day, it is your (readers) TT.  If you ask for advise/opinions, you'll likely get several from some real nice folks who are willing to take time out their busy schedules to help you.     

Sorry, I didn't ask for battery help, just tried to help someone else who did. I won't let it happen again, as I can see that there is only one way to do things.

I'm not sure that I understand?

At the end of the day, it is your (readers) TT.  If you ask for advise/opinions, you'll likely get several from some real nice folks who are willing to take time out their busy schedules to help you.   

Perhaps a more direct way of saying it would have been: Readers, more than one opinion on the subject has been offered.  Each is kindly trying to help you but, you will have to decide for yourself which way you want to go.

Again, I'm a little confused.  If you would like further clarification/discussion, how about we use the private mail feature?

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by David

I think it worth mentioning that most everything in this forum is presented as opinion and information.  It is the duty of the reader to digest the material and determine within themselves what, if any, course of action they may choose to take. 

While I can only speak for myself, I gain or lose nothing regardless of how anyone hooks up their batteries, lifts their matresses, empties their black tanks, etc.  Anything that I offer is done so out of generosity of spirit and within the limits of my knowledge and experience.  Others may do things differently or be of a different opinion - that's OK - refer to the opening paragraph.

Sorry, I didn't ask for battery help, just tried to help someone else who did. I won't let it happen again, as I can see that there is only one way to do things.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>