R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe great Northern Tool Cover Debate..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The great Northern Tool Cover Debate..
    Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by furpod

Originally posted by techntrek

Nope, I don't do FB.  Its my quiet revolt against the machine, which I'm otherwise tied to all day during the week, and often at other times too.

Wow, for that price I just might get one!

Don't blame you at all. My wife is in an IT position and on the 'puter all day. Took us a LONG time to start using F/B.. and after a couple years, we still only have like 40 friends, that are all family or real, we know them in the real world, friends... It has allowed us to both catch up with our best friends from college and high school, and the military, which is nice as we are a long way from where we grew up..

Our big revolt against the machine is "homey don't text".. and just the general fact that we waited until about 2005 before we got our first cell phone, and it was only 2 years ago that we BOTH had one.

LOL

Also being in an IT position I'm virtually connected to computers 24-7-365.  However I still refuse to own a cell phone, and the one that work makes me carry I always seem to "lose" or forget to have the ringer turned on!  LOL  Bad thing about IT, when the work servers are set up to page you and find you at any hour of the day.  Darned machines!! 

My startling 3am phone calls are never because of an emergency just the stupid server at work letting me know it needs some pampering.  Thumbs Down
bobthrash View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 12:26am
I think the pockets would be a hassle, I can put the cover on and off by myself with just a pvc pipe push stick and no ladder.  Plus without the pockets it seems like we get a little more air movement. 
Bob & Maureen
2006 Tundra
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 11:39am
Have some experience with the whole "Air Movement" subject. What has worked best for me are those foam noodles they sell as beach toys     ...or a few pieces of foam pipe insulation they sell at hardware stores. Just lay them crosswise under the cover.

MJ
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 2:19pm
I ordered mine!  I was notified today that it is back ordered!Angry  The factory said it would be shipped on the 16th.!Big smile

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
pmjensen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 9:36am
I got mine and it fit great on a 176.  Mainly we got it to protect from the sun, since we have had minimal rain here.  Even if it only lasts a couple of years it was worth the $127 I paid for it.

Happy Podding
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
WWRON View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 10:18am
I ordered mine!  I was notified today that it is back ordered!Angry  The factory said it would be shipped on the 16th.!Big smile

WWR
WWR
RP 177 HRE
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 7:12am
Mine finally arrived yesterday!  Other than the PVC pipe helper, does anyone have any suggestions for putting the cover on easier?  I haven't put it on yet and from the looks of the weather I won't be able to until sometime next week.  Rain every day!

Terry
WWRON View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 8:01am

The wife and I put ours on Tuesday.  We used two extension poles with brushes  to walk it back over the POD.  Fits well, Just have to unzip the street side rear corner a little to be able to use the side door(no big deal) looks like a custom cover.
Great price would buy another in a heart beat.
WWR
WWR
RP 177 HRE
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
pmjensen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 9:38am
I was able to put ours on by myself with the help of a piece of 1/2" conduit with a tennis ball stuck on top (I'm thinking a piece of 1" or 1 1/2" PVC might be better, as the 1/2" conduit now has a bend in it).  I tried several different ways of putting it on and if I remember the easiest was starting in the back and bring it forward.  Of course that may have had something to do with the 20 mph breeze coming toward the front of the Pod.

Happy Podding
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by pmjensen

I was able to put ours on by myself with the help of a piece of 1/2" conduit with a tennis ball stuck on top (I'm thinking a piece of 1" or 1 1/2" PVC might be better, as the 1/2" conduit now has a bend in it).  I tried several different ways of putting it on and if I remember the easiest was starting in the back and bring it forward.  Of course that may have had something to do with the 20 mph breeze coming toward the front of the Pod.

Happy Podding

How long was your conduit?

Terry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>