R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShould I have any concerns buying a 2010 model?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I have any concerns buying a 2010 model?
    Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 4:51pm
No doubt you will get a landslide of how to for the ICE!
I put some in the toilet, open the valve, let it slide in (don't put a lot at a time or you may have to get it started) add more until bag of ice is gone.

This past season I bought a clear elbow, short one and had to turn it sideways to hook up since the Pod drain is so low. Then I hooked up the hose ( one that cleans, not water hose) to the elbow. I put water up it, full force, then let it drain. UNTIL what comes out is clear. The gages are not the most accurate. Never had that problem with motorcoach, the gages. When I KNOW it is on empty, by the time I get home it may register with some in it. AND I am not stopping along the way to use it. Dang thing!

My last trip out, gone for 20 days, I put Calgon water softner in with plenty of water, it sat about a week with full hookups, waiting until it was full, dumped, then did the Calgon thing again and let it set until I was ready to dump and leave. After using the little clear elbow, I did Calgon and water again before I left. I also put a cup of low suds Tide in. Next part of trip I was boondocking, so sparing on the use, but it had the Calgon and Tide in it. Did not put ice in that time.

I think someone on the forum has the exact formula of how much Calgon and water.
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 7:01am
We put ice in the toilet every so often.  We started using Calgon later in the season and found it to work pretty well, too, though we did dump some bleach in one time as well.  

We use four capfuls of Calgon to 1 gallon of water.  We do it after we dump so that it's sloshing around as we drive home as well as drive to wherever we end up going to the next time.  If you need to use bleach to get rid of odors, pour 1 full gallon into the tank.  Use ice whenever you can to agitate the tank while driving, and you should end up with a fairly clean tank.

Has anyone tried to use the powder form of Calgon and know how much you need to use per gallon of water?
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 11:05am
I used powder form Calgon, could get that easier and in larger boxes. I used warm water and mixed it up just to be sure. I think I put one of the Calgon mixes down the sink drain each time. As you, I did the Clorox also.
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123