R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: 2nd Annual Labor Day Mini-Meet - Central Midwest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2nd Annual Labor Day Mini-Meet - Central Midwest - Event Date: 31 Aug 2012 - 03 Sep 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2nd Annual Labor Day Mini-Meet - Central Midwest
    Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 7:04pm
  Latest track for the tropical storm has it swinging east and just brushing the southwest side of Kansas City. If that happens we will have a dry weekend.   Smile   On the other hand we really need all the moisture we can get, just not on this weekend.
    Open Fire Burn Ban is still in place at all state parks.   No campfires   Cry     Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 7:42am
I've been following this closely also, and it seems most of the rain will be south and east, we may get a few showers, but no washout, at Weston according to this mornings forcast. See you all there for BBQ this evening. If is is raining we may have to use Gooses R-dome, please. Some forcasts show the rain holding off here until later this evening.
Brush and Floss, It is the Secret of Life!
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 11:28am
   Terri and I had only been to the campsite about 30 minutes when she said that see did not feel well and needed to go to the hospital, when she says she needs to go I know not to wait. Took her to Saint Lukes Northland which was 15 to 20 minutes down I-29 from the park. She was pretty sick and through a CT scan determined that she had another episode of blood flow being reduced or stopped to part of her intestine which is painfull. They are doing tests today and are talking surgery to fix this problem as this is the third time it has occurred.
   We decided that our camping weekend was over and went back to the park Saturday afternoon to pick up the POD and take it home. I can not thank Tom and Tina, Julia and Barb enough for their help in taking down the R-Dome and helping to hook-up as I had my own health problem with my right leg that has slowed me down. When it rains it pours.
    Terri has looked forward to this weekend since way before we made the resevations 6 months ago so she is really disappointed that we can't be there. I did get the chance to meet a few of the folks that were there before pulling out Saturday afternoon and hope that we can all get together again.    Goose

Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 12:14pm
  Tried to send pictures of Tom, Tina, Barb and Julia and also the get well card that Tina made for Terri but there is a problem with the server the message said, maybe later.   Goose
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 3:41pm
And thank you, Grant, for the great flag bracket! I'll post some pictures from the weekend later today.

Tom
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 4:36pm
betsypgarmy@yahoo.co View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 5:55pm
Scary time for both of you! Jim and I pray that she will doing better-always stressful having loved ones sick and in the hospital.

And thanks so much for the terrific American Flag and holder for the RPod.

Hope you and your lovely wife can come another time

Betsy and Jim Conway
And Two Scotties
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123