R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: 2nd Annual Labor Day Mini-Meet - Central Midwest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2nd Annual Labor Day Mini-Meet - Central Midwest - Event Date: 31 Aug 2012 - 03 Sep 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2nd Annual Labor Day Mini-Meet - Central Midwest
    Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:51pm
Reservations are now open for 2012, 8/31/12-9/3/12 . (3/1/12) Go to Weston Bend State Park, Missouri to make reservations)

Weston Bend State Park, just north of Kansas City, was the location of the 1st Annual Labor Day Mini Meet of the Central Midwest with 5 R-pods attending. And I know Tina and I had a great time.

Hawkpod (Beth and Tim), DocTom (Tina and Tom), Moose (Terri and Grant) , PowerLift (Linda, Mike, Colette and Brendt), and Dori and Todd were present.

Friday was 101* and humid, but Monday morning was around 50* and just perfect weather, rain on Saturday (minimal) helped bring down the temps and humidity. The campground at Weston Bend is great, heavily treed with good space between units. It is a beautiful place for camping, hiking, biking, shopping, eating, and making new friends.

I don't think anyone had seen this many R-pods together (other than at a dealership). Forest River should give us comissions for the number of questions answered and tours given! The camp host wondered if we were a club, some stopped and wondered if r-pods were new "rental" units, but everyone was interested in why we were all there and the strange and interesting trailers we had. R-pods and r-podders received thumbs up from everyone I talked to.

Many of the area attractions were visited, from O'Mally's Irish Restaurant and Pub, and other stores and restaurants in the Town of Weston, to the Irish Fest at Kansas City's Crown Center, to meditation with Tibetian Buddhist Monks on the Country Club Plaza, to the Renaissance Festival in Bonner Springs, Kansas.

A very friendly and some what rowdy crew needed to be reminded by the campground host that quiet time was observed from 10 pm to 6 am. All I can say is that Tina and I had a wonderful time meeting everyone, what a nice group of people have R-pods! We are looking forward to doing this again next Labor Day . . . it would really be fun if we could fill the park with R-pods. Hope even more can come next year.

Tina and Tom
Brush and Floss, It is the Secret of Life!
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 10:35pm
  Sure was great fun, had a little trouble coming home but made it home safe. Really can't wait until next year.    Goose   Thumbs Up
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 5:32pm
Wonderful pics, so glad you all met up and had a great time!

Louie seems to be a very healthy dog, ours spent the holiday weekend eating popcorn and no bake cookies.  I'm not sure ours would like a V8.  LOL

TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 7:55pm
A Pod dog!  And a pretty lady flirting with Kaw-Liga!    For those that don't know it that was a song by Hank Williams, Sr. in 1952.  Here are some of the words:
Poor ol Kaw-liga, he never got a kiss,
Poor ol Kaw-liga, he don't know what he missed,
Is it any wonder that his face is red?
Kaw-liga, that poor ol' wooden head.
Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 7:32am
Louie will eat just about anything, so we have to limit him so he keeps his young figure (he is approaching 11, and still pretty spry, except when he isn't. I thought once about connecting the dots to see if I could make some Pod graphics on his back!

The Wooden Statue was in a new shop in Weston. I felt quite safe with her flirting!

TT
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 4:02pm
  It is almost time to put in site requests for the 2nd Annual Labor Day Mini-Meet for the Central Midwest.
   Last year we were at Weston Bend State Park just outside of Weston, MO. which is about 20 miles north of Kansas City.  We had 5 POD's and a lot of fun. Goose
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 6:48am
I've got it on my calander, and looking forward to it. Weston is such a nice, peaceful park unless us rowdy podders get to partying after the 10PM quiet hours. I will also be there for the Weston Bluegrass Festival, and the Audubon "Wings over Weston" celebration.

See you Memorial Day at Branson!

TT
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 9:31am
Reservations are now open for 2012, 8/31/12-9/312 .  (Go to Weston Bend State Park, Missouri website to make reservations) I've got my spot, site #11. Hope to see some of you there!!
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 11:06am
   We are in!  I took site #13 right next door.
    It is now going to be a long 6 months, I can not wait.   Goose  Thumbs Up
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 11:31am
Looking forward to seeing you then, as well as in Branson in a couple of months. HAPPY SPRING!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>