R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTelevision

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Television
    Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 10:06pm
Can anybody let me know what brand and size under cabinet tv came from the factory with the 151 or 152. I just bought a used 2009 151 one and somebody removed the tv dvd combo and I would like to match up the holes in the shelf. Thanks for your help.
sjf
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 7:40am
Here's what's listed on the front of my manual that came with my 2010 RP-151 unit.

"Audiovox VE927 9" Widescreen LCD Drop Down TV with Built In DVD Player"

I have the manual in .PDF format.  Shoot me an email @ this_is_nascar@verizon.net and I'll send it to you.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
g4royce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 11:42am
Our TV died the first time we used it (it was brand new) and neither Forest River nor Audiovox would honour the warranty.  I found the exact replacement on Amazon but the reviews were awful.  Several people seem to have the same problem we did: sound but no picture.

We are still trying to decide what to do as there aren't many options (Audiovox, Colby & Sony) but may just go to a laptop and adapter since we have our movies digitally.

Has anyone else upgraded their TV?

T
ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by g4royce

Our TV died the first time we used it (it was brand new) and neither Forest River nor Audiovox would honour the warranty.  I found the exact replacement on Amazon but the reviews were awful.  Several people seem to have the same problem we did: sound but no picture.

We are still trying to decide what to do as there aren't many options (Audiovox, Colby & Sony) but may just go to a laptop and adapter since we have our movies digitally.

T

What do you mean they woudn't honor the warranty?  Why in the world would you settle for that solution or should I say, lack of solution?
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
g4royce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 12:02am
Originally posted by this_is_nascar

Originally posted by g4royce

T

What do you mean they woudn't honor the warranty?  Why in the world would you settle for that solution or should I say, lack of solution?

We bought our 152 new-used.  All the electrics were new and un-used; a/c, fridge and toilet still had plastic on them. Manuals still in their shrink wrap.  The TV still had that plastic over the screen and the buttons and the remote was still sealed with the manual.  However, because of this technicality we've had trouble with FR.  Considering the a/c is also broken, we'd rather fight with them on that instead.  We were considering replacing the TV with somehting more suited to our needs anyways.

We think the original owner took the pod out a few times just to sleep in it, didn't like it and traded it back in pronto. 
ChaiPod
2009 RP152
secretbard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 12:09am
I've found with most products, that if you bought used (even new-used), the manufacturers usually don't honor the warranties for the second owner.  This is unfortunate, but a common occurrence.  Sorry to hear about all your problems.  Even though I bought mine new-used, it seems like the previous owner worked out much of the bugs because there are some minor mods I saw that seemed to be done after the Pod was bought new from the previous (first) owner.    
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 7:34am
Sorry, but this is the 1st time I've ever heard of this "new-used" condition.  The unit is either new or used, simple as that.  Sounds like you bought a used (it already had a different owner when it was new) unit, so I wouldn't expect the same warranty as a new unit.  Anyway, if you're interested in the TV manual, just let me know.  Good luck with everything.

What's the issue with the AC?  Mine had to get new fan-blower kit, since it would squeel when on.  Are you having the same issue or is it just not getting cold?

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
g4royce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 10:45am

Sorry, but this is the 1st time I've ever heard of this "new-used" condition.  The unit is either new or used, simple as that.  Sounds like you bought a used (it already had a different owner when it was new) unit, so I wouldn't expect the same warranty as a new unit.  

Yes it was used.  The new-used descriptor is just, well, a descriptor.  Considering the electronics weren't even used, we were very disappointed that the TV failed so quickly.  The walkthrough was the first time the TV had been used; the tech opened the sealed baggie and inserted the OEM batteries into the brand new remote.  Not really disappointed at FR in this case as we are with Audiovox.

Anyway, if you're interested in the TV manual, just let me know.  Good luck with everything.

We do have the actual manual. I think it was sfish who started this thread above that needed it. We just wanted to caution against this particular TV model because after some research, we found it to be prone to the exact problem we have.

What's the issue with the AC?  Mine had to get new fan-blower kit, since it would squeel when on.  Are you having the same issue or is it just not getting cold? 

The pipe is cracked and the freon has leaked.  The compressor is fine and the fan is strong, but we're trying to find an a/c tech (in the upcoming off season) to weld an input valve and repair the cracked pipe so we can refill the unit.  Apparently, these RV models are prone to pipes cracking and leaking over bumpy roads.  Once there is a leak, the dealers just want to sell you a new unit for $900+ plus labour rather than repair it.  However, the chances are that a brand new unit could just as easily have a pipe crack and leak as you pull out of the lot after the replacement.  During our walkthrough, I noticed that the a/c wasn't getting cold, but was told that it takes a while for it to cool down (the RV type a/c).  It's obviously an outright lie, but back then it was our first RV and we were trusting and naive.  

ChaiPod
2009 RP152
barbanjoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 4:55pm
The first time out with our pod the tv/dvd/radio stopped working, there was no display. The replacement unit would not receive from the remote, so our third one is been with us about a year now and still works. These audiovox units are really cheap to buy, so that is what the factory put in. Some owners have changed them out with units from camping world, or walmart.
BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
 Post Reply Post Reply