R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFurnace/Battery Help and Black Water tank

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mountain mist View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Furnace/Battery Help and Black Water tank
    Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 6:00pm
Colder weather coming on! Tested my heater, works well. My question here is how much battery power, if any, does it use to run it or does the propane do it all. I am going out camping without hookups. How best to have some warmth without draining the battery.  I don't quite understand if the thermostat is powered by the battery when no hookups. For that matter, does the water pump have the assist of the battery?Confused
And the black water tank. This year the read out inside always reads "3 lights", whereas the grey water goes down to "1 light. when I have dumped. . The grey water  starts (when I start to dump) with 3 lights , goes down as it should. I read that something may be hung up on the level gage and only way is to keep an eye on it, if it is constant in this reading. OR take it to your dealer.  Dealer is some way from me, that would not be bad, but they may have it for months before I get it back..   Comments if anyone has the problem and any suggestions.

Thanks
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234