Topic ClosedCountdown to Pick-up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Countdown to Pick-up
    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 8:03pm
Unless the 2012 model is better than the 2011, the owners manual is a generic manual for all FRs trailers and nearly useless.  You may need to call your dealer, and check here and ask.  These folks are great about sharing experiences.
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 9:01am
We shot a video of the entire walkthrough and would watch it over and over, but when we took it out for the first time we realized that there were some things that were not covered during the walkthrough.  I ended up looking at the forum and posted questions about things that I just didn't know.  People here were quick to reply and offer suggestions.  

A checklist is great to have.  We have a routine that we go through so that we can get in and out in about 15 minutes when ¡Podtástic! shows up at the house.  We have to park illegally to get her loaded up, so we have to be quick before the police department comes to ticket.  Thumbs Up

Have fun and enjoy the world of Podding.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 11:17am
Ditto on the checklist. I have a full-page checklist I print out before every trip. It has things that can be done several days before (like pack towels and clothes), things to do the day before (plug the pod in, connect the battery to charge it and put the fridge on AC mode), and the day of (turn off the home water heater, turn down the home thermostats, put the pod fridge on propane).
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Footslogger03

5 days left and then we head down to pick up our R-Pod. We're getting a 2012 model 177' by the way.

Last time we bought second-hand. The previous owner gave us a nice overview but we still had to learn a lot on our own.

I am told that we are going to get and in-depth orientation to the R-Pod. We plan on taking good notes and possibly even shooting some video.

Just wondering if any current owners out there in Podsville have any suggestions on what to ask or what to pay special attention to.

Thanks in advance   ...

MJ

'Slogger, you might want to check out the walk-through videos for a new 2011 R-Pod 177 posted by PawPod in an earlier forum.  I put the links in a new discussion thread.

Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12