R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLoosing plastic vent covers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loosing plastic vent covers?
    Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 3:21am
Those little black screw things are cheaply made.  I have never lost a vent cover but I have had to replace a couple of the black things.  The metal screws sound like a pretty good idea.  Plus stainless is the only way to go.  Good idea!

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
Tidalwave4455 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 7:35pm
The Pod has Dometic plastic air vents on the refrigerator. They are held in by black plastic pop-in-and- twist 'knobs'.  After putting the vents back on the Pod, I check to see if the knobs have secured the covers.  I gently pull on the vent to see if the knobs have engaged.  On my last outing, I had to travel over quite a few miles of rough road.  When I got home, one of the vents was missing.  I know I had checked the vent knobs before that trip.  Vent replacement cost me about $20.
I no longer trust the twist knobs...so I bought a couple of stainless steel 2 inch long screws.  The vent trim has what looks like screw attachment holes even tho' screws aren't used.  I carefully drilled holes through the vent cover to line up with the 'attachment' holes.  The screws were sized large enough to self-tap through the holes.  Now I can feel assured that the vent covers are not going to pop off.
I have to use a flat screw driver to rotate the knobs...so I can also use the screw driver to remove the stainless screws.
 Post Reply Post Reply