R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedanyone replaced GREY WATER TANK?? HELP PLEASE!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gretchen View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone replaced GREY WATER TANK?? HELP PLEASE!
    Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 8:31am
Thanks Doug!  I WILL do that!  Star  I am not used to working on an RV
Gretchen in Tennessee; Excited new R-Pod 151 owner and quilter

He has set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecc 3:11b
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 9:42pm
Look for a vent just below the shower door, I've never opened it but it should allow you access to uncouple the shower drain w/o disassembling the entire shower/toilet.  I've looked at the sink drain and the toilet drain and they both use hand-tight joints, I'm sure the shower is the same.  Two minutes and you'll have it loose (including opening the vent).
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Gretchen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 6:19pm
Thanks.  I have a call into Forest River, I hope they can tell me more.  The tank has two inlets from on the top and I am afraid I will have to take off the shower/sink drain to get those loose to let the tank down.  Which sounds like the toilet will have to come off to do that, fun fun.  I would guess this would be an expensive labor bill which I am not yet willing to pay.  Shoot, if I can remodel a house, I should be able to replace a simple tank.  I suppose its the same as the black tank if anyone has replaced that.  THanks.

He has set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecc 3:11b
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 3:05pm
That sucks.  Not sure what help I'd be, but I have a 151 as well.  If I can do anything for you, let me know.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 6:58am
    I would call Forestriver back and ask for help from a technician. Perhaps something was bent or wedged from the impact that damaged the original tank. Hopefully with determination you will find a way to remove it in time. Sorry not much help but thats all I can think of.    David
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 2:03pm
That is a new one on me.  I guess you will have to disconnect the sink drain and see where that gets you.  In the long run it might just be worth it to have a RV repairman do it for you.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
Gretchen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 10:30am
We just got a used 151 and love it.  But the previous owners must have bottomed out on some big rock as the grey tank has a huge hole, way too big to patch.  Needless to say, doing dishes in a bowl was a hassle. 

We received the new tank for Forest River and was told "sure, its easy to fix.  Just drop the bar that holds the fin on one side and slide it right out."  Well, I did that, also cut the two wires for the sensor and cut the plumbing, dropped the bar, but it does not slide right out.  I tried alot of pyring with a crow bar and even some hammering.  There are two inlets on the top of the tank that won't allow you to just slide it out.  We were thinking of cutting it in pieces, a pain, but wondering if anyone else had to do this and has figured out the trick.  Getting the new one I suspect will also be a booger.  Help appreciated.  Thanks.Cry

Post Reply Post Reply