R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLED Lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED Lights
    Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 9:50am
About a year ago, I wanted to replace my incandescent interior lights with LEDs.  I ordered a complete replacement set from an American vendor as recommended on the Forum.  The LEDs ordered were the brightest available with the greatest number of LEDs on each bulb stem.  After installing a couple of lights, I found that the LED output was much dimmer than the incandescent OEM bulbs...so much so that I put the OEM bulbs back in and stored the LEDs in a cabinet.
After reading Podcamper's thread...I ordered the same LEDs he did.  The bulbs have at least twice the number of LEDs as the previous set, are much brighter and just as important are about 75% less expensive.
Some members are wondering if such 'cheap' lights will last as long as the more expensive ones.
As long as they last at least 1/4 the lifetime of the more expensive ones, I am ahead.
And I now have LEDs that I can read by.  The expensive ones were barely better than nightlites!
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 9:59am
I feel the sa,e way. This is our second camper that I have converted from incandescant to LED. I got the newer 36 element LED array lights from Hong Kong (off of eBay). What I really like is that the 177 Pod has a lot of fixtures. With all of the LED's on there is more than enough light to function inside the camper. For reading we use our little LED headlamps (we were backpackers first).

I originally ordered 12 of the LED lights. One of them had a little wiring defect that caused 2-3 ofnthe individual LED elements to ficker on/off. E-mailed the vendor and he is sending me a replacement - - no questions asked ! Not bad for a light that I paid $0.99 for.

MJ
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 5:01pm
We replaced every light in our rpod, including the yellow porch light, which cost $75.00 and we love them. The LEDs are not as bright and that is OK with us, we thought the others were to bright and in the summer time put off way to much heat. The LED's give us more balance in lighting so we just leave them all on until be get ready for bed. There we both have LED book lights which work great also. We purchased ours from one of the users on this sight who purchased in bulk to get the best price.
Worked out great all the way around. I have since replaced all the interior light in our truck and car with LED. It is expensive but just a one time purchase. You are not likely to have LED's burn out.

CHRISTMAS LED Lights. We camp over the holidays and don't normally use our awning so I purchased 12 feet of the spline that slips in the awning grove and have attached my LED Christmas lights to them so all I have to do is slip them on the track. Will send a picture when we get them up and burning.   Happy Holidays
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 7:13am
    We recieved our $25 12 volt LED reading light from amazon. Have it mounted and it gives  good light for reading. The quality isn't great but it functions well. It uses .45 amps and has 21 LED's in a reflector style bulb. LED lighting and microwaves are great technology in saving energy. Living in south Florida it is a advantage to have lighting without a lot of heat output.   

2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

David and Danette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 12:28pm
    We were so happy with the reading light we ordered another one. We now have one in the front monunted on the far right side of the kitchen cabinets for use at the table. The other one is mounted to the wall of the refrigerator for use over the bed. They are great lights for reading.    
                                                                                                          David and Danette
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by rpodcamper.com

I have just finished replacing all my lights with this:I found them on eBay and am pleased with the light.http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-T10-W5W-168-36-SMD-LED-White-Car-Side-License-Plate-Light-Bulb-Lamp-12V-New-/320760897055?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4aaed6de1f

===========

I got something like this, but with more LED elements, for my outside door light. They,also have a round automotive base that fits the outside receptacle. Work amazingly well   ...and much brighter.

MJ
rid415 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:47pm
where did you get these from?
rid415 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:51pm
where did you get these from please
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 9:52am
Look for the link just below the picture, 3 posts up.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 9:57am
Originally posted by rid415

where did you get these from?

============

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-T10-W5W-168-36-SMD-LED-White-Car-Side-License-Plate-Light-Bulb-Lamp-12V-New-/320760897055?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4aaed6de1f

MJ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>