R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSnow Skiing - Camper or Resort?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow Skiing - Camper or Resort?
    Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 11:47am
I live in Dallas. I'm thinking about taking a trip to Taos, NM (12 hrs away). Trying to figure out if I should take the camper or just stay at a hotel or resort.

Does anyone have any experience snow skiing while camping? I've never been skiing before so I have no clue what to expect. But I've heard some resorts give you "free" lift tickets if you stay with them.
barbanjoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 9:26pm
If you have any water in pod it may freeze due to the temps in Taos, without water the pod will keep yopu warm for sure! The pod tanks are uninsulated and open below the pod so freezing is an issue.
There are many resorts and hotels in Taos area depending onmhow much you want to spend. If taking pod use woodall's or good sam website's to find campgrounds.
BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
sfish View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 8:40am

I would choose the resort option not only for the water freezing issues but I wouldnt want to take a chance towing the pod on icy slippery roads.

sjf
XPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:20pm
I just did 2 weeks in Colorado over Christmas with my highschooler. We pulled the R-Pod from Southern Indiana to Nederland Colorado (just west of Boulder) to snowboard at Eldora Mountain. I've got a document in the works about how I did it. We had a GREAT time, R-Pod did great but I did some prep work on the Pod. We both enjoyed it, I liked it more than a hotel expecially since we were saving between $50 and $100 per night on hotels.
When are you leaving? I'll work on my document and see if I can get it posted for you. There are some things you need to check beyond the water system.
profmagickb View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 9:18pm
Yes please share, I have family in Nederland and have been pondering the idea.
I can't even begin to describe it.... you would just have to see for yourself....
XPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 9:40pm

I'll get it posted asap...might take me until the weekend to finish up. Golden Gate Canyon State Park is the campground we stayed at. Open all Winter, no hookups in winter but heated bathroom, $27/Night for Electric hookup. If you look for it on Google Maps, look for   Reverands Ridge Campground   

Post Reply Post Reply