Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Brandon, MB
    Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 12:09am
Did you buy it from Northview campers?
deannaomi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 8:11pm
thanks for the welcomeSmile
We are looking forward to it all. We had a furnace in our Trillium too, and sure enjoyed it in Sept when it starts to freeze at nights here. Thanks for the advice re: cracking the fan vent open a bit. 
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 8:11am
Welcome to the forum.  About the furnace - as long as I have electrical hook-ups I prefer to use a tiny electric heater rather than use the furnace - Just a personal preference for me, and it saves propane, too.
Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 7:34pm
dsmith: I have been afraid to leave the Winterizing the Pod when the weather just starts getting cold. The other half insists doing it in November, depending on the looks of the forcasts. However, I note you camp when there is "hard coat of frost" How about the plumbing freezing. Any information out there on how hardly these units are. I am in mountains of East Tenn. and November is sometimes not bad at all, but then boom, a big dip. Well, not THIS year.
The furnance is great, just have to be sure not to run out of propane! Too bad the air conditioner can not run on it tooLOL The dog and I are very cozy, husband does not camp anymore. I have been doing dry camping here in Elkmont, full hookups at an affordable price are far and few between. But with Elkmont we are limited to 14 days, even if you break them up over several months.
Not thinking of taking Pod out of Winter mode until early April, unless Winter decides to come at that time!
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 9:27pm
Mt Mist, It was in November, here in Indiana we can have 55 and sunny in day and at night it may dip to hi 20's or low 30's, if its damp we will get a pretty white hard frost (frost is on the pumpkin) The pod has decent insulation for thin walls (foam sandwich) the water pipes are inside of the insulated body, the holding tanks are exposed but because of their mass it takes a while to freeze over, so if it dips in to low temps during the night for a few hours no problem, I think the real problem would be hi 20's for an extended period of time and blowing winds, if that wind gets under the pod it will carry the heat away pretty quickly, big dollar campers have heated tanks. In southern Indiana we could maybe camp late nov or mid December, but Donna and I like to walk and be outside, so we Winterize in november and Dream about April. Happy Campin
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 8:38am
Even for us when it can get below freezing in October, we camped right up to the last weekend without any problems with freezing pipes or tanks.  Even now with the weather still cooperating as it's in the mid 30s now as I type this, I'm still itching in taking ¡Podtástic! out for a weekend, but there are few places around here that I can take her and have availability to any sort of hookups.  

I'll just have to keep thinking about April.  It will be here soon enough.
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 9:47am
Guess that is what I am doing. April dreamingWink
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 9:59am
Hodge-Podge

I bet you are set for another year of adventure.Smile
 The furance is great, unless you run out of propane! Did that late last year, a very cold night, but the dog and I stayed under the cover as long as we could. Just happenend to be in Townsend, so propane just down the road. Now I have a "spare" that I use for my little Campfire unit. wood can not be hauled in from Anywhere and I have enough to do without keeping a fire tended.
Have a short April camping in Elkmont and one in May. That uses up 8 days of the 2 weeks we are alloted. Bummer. But have found when dry camping, I do better with 4 day stays instead of a week.
My favorite over in Townsend may have come to an end. I need to make a road trip over soon and see what the new owners are doing with it. Have reservations there for 2 times next year if they have not gone up drastically and made it into a stopping off place for intetubes (new owner has the business next door that is float one) and this would give him more run for his buck.

Hope all is ok with you and love to hear where you are going.

'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12