Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedthought winter was over

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: thought winter was over
    Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 9:18pm
I know better, I am 62 years old and how many times can the weather fool me, how about every year. It was 53 today and sunny but the weather man says snow is coming to southern Indiana, maybe only 1 inch (thats nothing) just south of us maybe 4 to 6 inches, but if the low bows further up, oh no. anyway I went to the pod tonight and piddled around and watched some t.v. I guess maybe I need to wait on planning that first spring trip, how about wait until the dogwoods blooom and the crappie are a biting.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:24pm
Well, Dane, here in NJ they say that winter isn't over till we've had our President's Day weekend snowstorm! Not to gloat, but they say it will pass south of us this year.    good luck to y'all!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 9:58am
Wow!  We're about 250 miles north and nothing.  It's above freezing and it's supposed to get into the 40s today.  Yesterday was beautiful and in the 50s.  However, I've seen the snow icon for the weather next week, but the snow chances are at 30% for now.

We've been so lucky this winter--only a couple of snows that melted pretty quickly with temperatures rebounding quickly.  So much different from last winter where it got cold and stayed cold with almost 60" of snow before it was all done.

Today is the Chicago RV show in Rosemont.  I saw that there are supposed to be R-Pods there, so that will be cool to see as we're taking  friends with us that are interested in them.  

Camping season will be here before y'all now it.  Smile
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
 Post Reply Post Reply