R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedshower head

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gdfaini View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: shower head
    Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 9:36am
I could not remove the flow restricter disk without risking damaging the faucet assy or siphon mechanism.  I left it in.  The Oxygenics still seems to work well.
Glenn
Hyundai Santa Fe <-> RP 173

g4royce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 1:02pm
The hot water buildup happens to us too on both the factory showerhead and the Oxygenics one when using the shutoff valve. It's easier to just turn the water off. After a few times in the beginning of the season, you remember how much the hot & cold tap should be turned to get the temperature you like.

We also have Mini-Magna-doodle in there to write things down so at the beginning of the season, we write down how we like our water temperature in case we forget.
ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:49am
I've found that the slight flow with that valve "off" allows the hot water to creep into the shower head hose, so when I turn it back on I get a scalding flow for several seconds.  I assume this happens because the only expansion mechanism on factory RV water systems is an air pocket at the top of the water heater.  Home systems now get expansion bladders.  But the air pocket must not be enough to prevent the higher pressure hot water from overpowering the cold water pressure.  I've resorted to turning off the main hot/cold valves when I soap up.

BTW, I still have the factory shower head.  Anyone NOT notice this with another shower head?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
g4royce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 9:26am
The showerhead has a built-in flow adjuster where the wand attaches to the pipe.  It adjusts from full flow to a slight trickle.  It does not cut the flow off completely.  An additional cutoff valve needs to be separately purchased and installed if you want to completely cut off the water.

The downside to this showerhead is that while showering, it is easy to accidentally turn the adjuster while trying to maneuver in the small space.  The first time that happened, I thought we ran out of water and I still had shampoo in my hair! Star 
ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
gdfaini View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 10:54am
I see several similar models on Amazon and non look like they have a valve at the base of the head.  Which Oxygenics model  (15127, 15123, etc.) are you getting?  The wand holder also looks like it is meant to attach to a pipe, not a wall.
Glenn
Hyundai Santa Fe <-> RP 173

melp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 8:58am

Bought & installed Oxegenics shower hear. al I can say is WOW Now longer need to run water pump and hose hook up water for more pressure. Great water pressure with one or the other.
melp
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 1:28am
Mine also has a flow control - just as Outbound and Dsmiths described.
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 9:05pm
My Oxygenics has a flow control at the bottom of the handle, look close it rotates left and right to control the amount of water coming out, also be sure to remove the factory pod flow restrictor where the new hose screws onto the output of the hot and cold valve.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 6:41pm
Thats odd, because my oxygenics does have a flow control at the base of the handle where it attaches to the hose.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 1:05pm
The recommended replacement shower head by Oxygenics did not have a volume control. I prefer to wet down, soap up, then rinse off.  I had to install a volume control on the shower hose. I don't like to stand in the shower and try to turn the water on and off or adjust the temperature.
TIDALWAVE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>