R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat are you camping in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Poll Question: What are you pulling behind your TV?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [32.50%]
40 [50.00%]
1 [1.25%]
11 [13.75%]
2 [2.50%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you camping in?
    Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 4:06am
It's time to update and see what we are all camping in these days.  Please feel free to comment on why you picked your particular model and what you think of it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 4:32am
I used to own a RP173.  You can see below what I am towing now.  While I liked the Pod and felt it was a well made unit, I decided I really missed having an awning and dry bath. 

I've stayed here on the forum as I enjoy all of the good folks we have now and continue to attract as members.  Plus, (eh-hum) I've been banned from every other camping forum on the net CryLOL!  While we are mainly a R-Pod forum, we welcome anyone. 

This camper has been working out well for me, in my situation.  It is within inches of the Pod's dimensions in both lenght and width.  At 3018lbs, it is close in weight, too.  About the only thing I may do to it is remove the dinette bench closest to the door....to give Dixie a little more room.  I can always put it back at trade in time.
secretbard View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 6:56am
I have the RP172 and couldn't be happier with the purchase and camping experience.  I just bought and received the 4 inch axle risers, so I am sure this will make the towing experience even more enjoyable.  Even in the winter, this pod is very well insulated and most of the time remains 9 degrees warmer inside than outside.  I found that in the summer, it was the same experience inside and out.  That is, it was 9 degrees cooler.  This thing is the bomb.  I've already changed the mattresses and pretty much left the dining table down so that I can lounge out while watching TV.  I also have a folding table or breakfast table that I use while watching TV.  I just have to watch out not to overload the pod as I now have just about everything I need and everything I have in some shape or form in the home.  The only thing I wish it had was the weight capacity for my book collection and a safe.  Oh well, I still have the truck to load the extras into.    
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 8:22am
We are trying to decide between a 171 or a 172.  Just the two of us.  My concern with the 171 is being able to climb over each other if we need to use the bathroom at night.  The 172 with the larger dinette is great and we could use much of that area for storage.  However, I am wondering about sleeping on the bunk beds.  Enough head room?  Also no lights for reading or windows for venting.  Anyone thoughts for two senior campers?
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
secretbard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 8:47am
Well, my 172 has two bunk beds and they each have a light at the head of each bunk on the wall.  As far as ventilation, just crack the bathroom ceiling vent, turn the fan on low and crack one or both of the windows by the dinette table and you will definitely have enough air circulation.  There isn't a lot of head room on the bunk beds, but there is enough room to read a book while propping your head up a bit.  You also have to kind of roll out of bed, but that really isn't too bad.  The top bunk has more headroom.  If that isn't good for you, then the dinette that converts to a queen size bed is very comfortable and roomy.  Even though I am only one person, I really enjoy the 172.  I have a lot of options for sleeping arrangements with or without a beautiful harpy to entertain me on those sultry nights Tongue.   
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
John & Kris View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 9:08am
2012 R.Pod 182G Trunk with slide model
John.Kris & "Sarah" our Golden
Aiken SC
"12 R.Pod 182G
TV "12 Lexus GX460
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 9:16am
I'll have to vote twice, since I have the discontinued 2010 RP-151 and the Jayco that we keep at the campground.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 9:38am
We have the 177 and enjoy the little bit of extra room the slide gives us.  I take the outside on the bed, and so far it hasn't been a real problem for either of us getting up to go in the night.  Heck, we are on vacation!  How mad cn you get?
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 11:32am
   We like the 171 because it is quick and easy to set up, just level and stablize and you are done. When you go to bed no breaking down of the table.   Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 11:37am
We have the 182G and love it.  I can't wait to try her out in 6 weeks with her new axle risers.  Beyond that, we love how we can use the garage to do a lot of our kitchen prep and then, after dinner, we leave it opened up as we like to listen to music around the campfire.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>