This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNot long until Poddin time.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not long until Poddin time.
    Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 8:55pm
Thursday I took my fishing boat out for the first time this year. I went to Hoosier National forest, about 45 miles from home, they have 4 nice lakes 130 to about 230 acres each. This is Donna and I's close to home favorite place to camp, after fishing for about 3 hours and getting out of the lake about 5 minutes ahead of the lightining, I circled the north face camp ground, not one camper. I could not believe
it, sunny , 79 degrees, birds singing, I wanted to go home get the pod and come back. It's here, it's time, the cover is coming off this weekend, I wont flush and prep the tanks until we are closer to heading out, but we are real close. OOhh by the way I caught 5 nice 10 to 12 inch black crappie and 2 nice sized blue gill, wish I could have cooked them up while podding but its right around the corner.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:25am
It is really close to podding time.  It's already 70 degrees here this morning and is looking to hit 80 for the third day in a row.

I made a reservation to a Jellystone park about an hour west of here for the April 13th weekend yesterday for $20/night.  I can go to work, judge an ethics competition that day, race up to Rockford to pick up ¡Podtástic!, drive to Amboy and get her set up, drive home to get Louis and cats, and enjoy the weekend.  

Now, with my luck, I have unleashed the primal forces, and we will get dumped with snow that weekend.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 9:33pm
I took the cover off this afternoon, opened the vent and ran the fantastic fan for about 15 minutes. Ran the AC for about 5 minutes it was good and cold. Open windows and left door open and let her get some fresh air in. Monday I am pulling it into my shop in town to put the lift kit on. Of course it just started raining about 1 hour ago, 8 pm in southern indiana, a little rain never hurt a pod. I got a good coat of carnubra wax on her last fall before covering. It won't be long until its time to Pod out of town. Tomorrow I plan to trick Donna by taking her to Red Lobster, then about 4 blocks away to Bass Pro Shop, she made me go with her to a wedding tonight for her cousin and I think that is pay back time. stock up on pan fish baits, get the skillet hot.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
lift kit
Pawpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 12:19am
Already looking at an RV park a short distance away. Opens April 15 and I work that weekend!
Ready to pod around!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 5:38am
I finally made it out to my camper yesterday.  When I opened the door, I could still smell the campfire smell from last fall Smile.  I just did an exterior wash and got the batteries hooked up.  Managed to break the plastic 30 amp breaker that is mounted on the tongue but, a quick trip to AutoZone fixed that.  After 2 seasons of frequent camping, I need to do some "deep cleaning" inside - like wash the walls, upholstery, etc.

I think I am going to hold off a little while longer to dewinterize the plumbing.  While it has been quite warm lately, I don't trust Indiana weather.
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 8:43am
We went to Rockford yesterday to do some spring cleaning with ¡Podtástic! and found that the fridge was conducting a science experience.  Off to Wal-Mart we went for bleach wipes and Damp Rid and got that fridge cleaned up.  

There were all sorts of people dropping off their RVs for work at the service bays.  It reminded me of summer.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 6:08pm
We brought our Pod home today from winter storage.  We had the minor ($1850) damage I did backing it into a tree our first time out, and it looks like new.  Dar is already getting it ready for the first trip of the season.  It looks great in the new Pod parking spot I made for it last fall.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 8:34pm
Make sure you leave the fridge door latch in the open position - the part mounted on the wall inside will slide out a half-inch.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:23pm
Keith, what the heck, where was Dar ? she is supposed to spot for you, Dar, fess up what were you doing ? you know us guys are going to blame you for not spotting right, folded arms mean nothing. maybe Keith was looking at the blond at the next camp sight, yeah, thats it, its all his fault
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
lift kit
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:52pm
No ones fault but mine.  Dar is a good spotter.  I put it right where it needs to be in the Pod Parking spot with her help.  Each time a little better!

She guided me into place to hitch it at the dealer's storage lot perfectly today as well.  Life is good!
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply