R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFurnace/AC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Furnace/AC
    Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 9:19am
We are all excited!

We have two camping trips booked and paid for too. I'm trying to convince my husband to go on a short road trip as well at the end of the month to celebrate when we finish our taxes. I have never been north to the Peace River country and we so enjoy watching the flocks of geese flying overhead in spring.
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 8:33pm
Camper Bob, electric heaters are seasonal I know, I asked Donna where we got ours, it was Target. 1500 watt, has 3 fan settings and a temp control. set it at the temp you like and it will cycle on and off, we paid about 22 or 24 bucks for it. it is very quiet, and as I posted before we have used it into the upper 20's and it was toasty warm in the pod. I think the Pod is fairly well insulated for the thin walls it has. What I like best about the electric heater is that it is whisper quiet. The pod furnace is quite good but the purge blower makes it a bit noisy. There is something nice about waking up on a crisp morning and then frying up some bacon, cold mornings, crisp bacon and a good cup of coffee. WOW, now thats memories in the making.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
XJ2202009 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 11:21pm
I knew I was not on CRACK.. I am not crazy, but this issue have been driving me hay bunkers, no body believes me that my AC and heater are working at the same time.. have no fix yet, but at least I know I am not crazy.  will try  the reset thing.. I was in Ocala national forest last night, turned heater on, as usual, overhead fan turns on along with the heater and what it seems the compressor kicks in too. Except last night it was just the fan and heater, it was the first time the camper got comfortably warm, then I hear, feel the compressor kick in and felt the immediate cold breeze.
2011 176T
06 Trailblazer ext ls, 4x4
wife, 4 kids
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 8:16am
I believe someone else had that problem a year or two ago - heater and A/C at the same time.  Required a fix to the wiring.  Can you take yours back to the dealer easily?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
6p's_in_r_pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 10:32pm
xj220<---my husband

I fixed it today,  did the reset thingy and it works like a dream dear.  Love you!!

Mom Dad 4 kids
TV-Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4x4
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 8:52pm
I have mine into the dealer for installing risers and the AC/heater issue.  Will let you know what they tell me.

X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123