R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedslideout issues 176T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: slideout issues 176T
    Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:41pm
It seals all around but at the top right corner even though the black gasket touches the fascia, I can wiggle my finger in between the gasket and the fascia, and the bottom seal is being pinched and sticking out below the bottom fascia. I cant do this with any other side.  Also the bottom fascia bows outward when we close the camper and so does the top fascia even though it does not push against the gasket as tightly as the bottom.This was not doing this when we bought it a month ago so I am at a loss as to why it is doing it now.

Mom Dad 4 kids
TV-Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4x4
6p's_in_r_pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:47pm
basically the top is not putting as much pressure against the gasket as the bottom and the bottom is putting so much that it is pinching the seal 
Mom Dad 4 kids
TV-Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4x4
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 4:22pm
I wish I could help with your issue, but I don't have any experience with this.
But..............Welcome! Smile
rid415 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 9:45am
maybe put some spray on the seals on a warm day and let it soak a bit then try to put it back
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 2:32pm
Welcome.  Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you either, hopefully someone with a slide will have a suggestion or two.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Bill-GA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 11:22am
I noticed on my 176t that I could "over drive" the push out going in and going out.  This caused the push out to rotate slightly top-to-bottom when it reached the out or in positions. This caused the rubber seals to NOT seal effectively.

Consequently, I now watch the push out carefully when I close it or extend it and STOP pushing the elec. buttom just before it rotates.  This takes some practice, but provides a better seating of the seals.

I hope this helps Smile
Bill & Bev
13 yr old dachshund 'Elsa'
2010 RP-176T (tent & slide-out)
2011 Toyota Tundra 2WD TV
Rabbit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:19pm
I just bought a 177 today and noticed the following:  the left side gasket distance from the side to slide is 1/2"  looks good.  On the right side the top and bottom distance from the side to the slide is 13/16" from the top and bottom but 5/16" in the middle.  A straight edge three feet long really shows the gap.  I was told it will be ok.  After measuring I'm not so sure.  Did you have any resolution to this issue?
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:07pm
I corrected my slide-out gasket problem the same way as BILL-GA did.  If you over-drive the motor, the slide-out will over compress at the bottom while at the same time de-compressing at the top.
I use a gasket rubber lubricant to keep the gaskets soft. I also carefully watch the gaskets from the interior as I run the slide-out in.  I can usually see and hear when the bottom gasket of the slide-out makes contact.  I then stop the motor.  The top gasket is then compressed about the same as the bottom.
If I keep the motor running until it sounds like it is going to stall...the top of the slide-out rotates outward while the bottom is over-compressed.  It takes some practice to just let the bottom make contact without overpowering the unit.
TIDALWAVE
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 1:00pm
I wonder if you added rubber stops along the bottom edge if it would ensure the proper distance every time.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
XJ2202009 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 11:09pm
We were told by forest river to adjust the stopper, which I guess it coincides with Bill's fix. It is a simple system, the whole slideout box bolts on to a horizontal metal plank with with either two or four bolts then this plank bolts to a floor stand with two bolts that allows vertical adjustments, then the stand bolts to the floor with two bolts and two bolts to the side wall right below the slideout opening.   
2011 176T
06 Trailblazer ext ls, 4x4
wife, 4 kids
 Post Reply Post Reply