R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFoot Pad ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
duck42 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foot Pad ...
    Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 3:35pm
As long as we are talking about trailer post supports, has anyone installed the

Fastway 4" or 6" Flip Jack Foot Automatic Folding Trailer Tongue Jack Foot?

http://www.fastwaytrailer.com/flip/

It looks pretty slick but I wonder if the low riding RPOD jack post might preclude it from folding down with many Vehicles.

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:32pm
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 11:42am
Have had our new 177 parked and covered since the end of last October. Finally getting a break in the weather here in Wyoming so I am starting to get our Pod ready for camping.

One thing I noticed right away was that the hitch pole had moved (most likely due to the Wyoming wind !!) during the winter. I should mention that our Pod was delivered with just a pole and no "foot" to rest on when you cranked it down. I had is resting on a 4 x 4 with a hole drilled in it and that was resting on a small concrete slab. So, I decided to look for a better solution. I did some searching and found the following product and read the reviews - - all good !!

http://www.amazon.com/BAL-29055B-Tall-Foot-Tongue/dp/B002P2TWNM/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_t_3

Long story short   ...I ordered one and have it installed on the hitch pole right now - - much better !! Anyway, just thought I'd share this with the group. I notice that this product is currently out of stock on Amazon (guess I got the last one in inventory ?) but they are available through several vendors on a Google search. Only 2 things I did out of the ordinary was to drill a hole on the bottom (dead center) of the footpad to allow water drainage (that was a common suggestion in the owner reviews) and I drilled new holes on the sides of the new footpad pole so that they would line up with the holes on the Pod hitch pole.

MJ
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
 Post Reply Post Reply