Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCarpet in the Pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet in the Pod
    Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 3:50pm
Anyone done it? I know a few of you out there bought the factory cut pieces from Forest River directly, but FR does not have cut pieces for the 18x models that you can buy.
So we were left with either buying 12x12 tiles and cutting them all to fit or just going to our local store and buying a remnant piece and having them cut it to the dimensions. Which I think we like this idea!
But the question is, for those who have or are thinking about it, what do you think of it?
For us that floor does get a bit chilly in the colder camping months and another reason is for our dogs. Little house dogs jumping off the bed at night to get a drink of water and when they hit the floor they usually end up sliding a bit. And other times when they go to jump up they slid and don't quite get the traction they are wanting.
Pics if anyone has them!
Thanks Podders and happy Pod season to you all!
rex View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 9:56pm
KYMOOSES, I WENT AND HAD A REMNANT PIECE CUT.I GOT INDOOR OUTDOOR,WITH GRANDKIDS TRACKING IN SAND AND DIRT,WHEN I GET HOME I TAKE IT OUT HOSE IT OFF LET IT DRY AND BACK IN AGAIN. rex pHp stuart fla. I THINK MY TOTAL COST WAS AROUND 30.00.
jrr
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:04pm
   I thought about carpet but got voted down by the one that does the cleaning, so we opted for a couple of carpet runners. One runs the lenght from the bed to almost the table in front and the other is a short one in front of the door. They were not expensive as we picked them up at Dollar General. They do work fine for us and seeing how I am the one that gets stuck shaking them out it is not that bad.
   I know that this was not what you were looking for but it might solve the problem and expense of buying and cutting carpet.    Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:06pm
Oooo the Indoor/Outdoor stuff is a good idea.  Hadn't thought of that.
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 8:05am
See my response in the other forum.  I'm not going to type it all over again :).
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 8:48am
Originally posted by this_is_nascar

See my response in the other forum.  I'm not going to type it all over again :).

Headed that way!  Thanks Nascar!

2Peas-n-Rpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Goose

I thought about carpet but got voted down by the one that does the cleaning, so we opted for a couple of carpet runners. One runs the length from the bed to almost the table in front and the other is a short one in front of the door. They were not expensive as we picked them up at Dollar General. They do work fine for us and seeing how I am the one that gets stuck shaking them out it is not that bad.
   I know that this was not what you were looking for but it might solve the problem and expense of buying and cutting carpet.    Goose

X2 on that idea. Exactly what we did, for the same reasons.
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod (now sold)
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 8:26am
Well we are headed to the remnant warehouse tomorrow to see what we can find.  My DW brings the Dyson out to the Pod after every trip now already and vacuums the whole thing and then mops. 

This would at least save her the mopping step!  LOLLOL
Outbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 10:42pm
There's too much dirt tracked into my r-pod for carpet to be an option.  Its swept 2-3 times a day.

However, I do have a dog bed (basically, a big, square pillow) under the table that is quite nice on bare feet in the morning. 'Specially if the dog has been sleeping on it and warmed it up Smile
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Outbound

There's too much dirt tracked into my r-pod for carpet to be an option.  Its swept 2-3 times a day.

However, I do have a dog bed (basically, a big, square pillow) under the table that is quite nice on bare feet in the morning. 'Specially if the dog has been sleeping on it and warmed it up Smile

Ours are those spoiled house dog types.  They are rather offended by dog beds on the floor when theres a perfectly good human bed to be sprawled out onto.  LOLLOL

I'll have to report back on the dirt being tracked in later once we get the carpet.  We're usually pretty careful about being clean before we enter, no shoes in the Pod, no dirty hiking clothes or dirty puppies.

So except for times when we're at the beach I hope it won't get too dirty. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>