R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI77 inverter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: I77 inverter
    Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 7:55pm
Hello to all,
I am trying to install a 400w Inverter just below the AC 120v plug on our 177 pod just below the left side of the dinette. My problem is, how to get to the back of the fuse box of the 12v side of the stock converter. I want to get at a 12v fuse to wire in the inverter, but can't (to dumb) to open the box.
Any suggestions would be way apprecieated.

Phil & Cindy
Madison WI
Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 9:15pm
I'm not quite sure what you're asking...

Before doing any wiring, please make sure that your trailer is not plugged in and that you've disconnected your battery.

You access the fuses (and add a new circuit) at the front of the box, not the back.  When you open the fusebox door from the front, there are two large screws near the top on either side.  Unscrew these screws.  Then, grabbing the plastic cover at the top, tilt it forward and it will easily remove.

Run your 12v line from the back in with the existing 12v wires.  Select an empty spot on your fuse panel and screw in the bare end of the wire.  For the ground wire, there are several grounding blocks screwed to the floor behind the converter - pick and empty spot and add your wire.  Add an appropriate fuse to the fuse panel, reassemble everything and you're good to go.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:21am
Most small inverters come with a connection to plug into a "cigarette lighter" type socket. We added a couple of those, and just plug an inverter into that, or more importantly, anything else 12v we want to use.

For the dinette area, I just opened the seat cover that houses the converter/fuse box, and wired into an existing 12v circuit with quick taps.

Oh, and yes, you add circuits from the front, just like a home distrbuition box.
 Post Reply Post Reply