Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA Farwell to the Pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Farwell to the Pod
    Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 6:05pm
Well today was a bitter sweet day for Julie and I. After 2 years of wonderful times and memories Goofy our 173 left us. Over the winter we thought of all the wonderful things we would do when camping season returned and had so many hopes and plans. Unfortunately we had to have a very special member of our family put down because of heart problems and then our cat was diagnosed with Diabetes and went down hill wickly. All in all a very tought time. Well a few weeks ago a new family member joined us and we will now be traveling with 2 dogs as well as Julie and I. After carful consideration and lots of soul searching it was decided that Goofy must make way for a larger unit for the good of the family. So today we went to the dealer and our Pod became a Visa. I hope that we will still be welcomed when we see our fellow podders out on the road.
Greg Bridgeman
Honesty is telling the truth
Integrity is telling the thruth when it hurts
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:47am
Sorry to hear of your tough times....been there and understand completely. 

Personally, I think the Visa seems like a nice camper - though I've only seen them online.  I wish someone around here would have had one to look at when I bought my Coleman (though I'm satisfied with it). 

Of course you are welcome to stick around here on the forum.  These things all have identical or similar equipment that operates much the same.  The camping experiences are of common interest, regardless of what one is sleeping in.

Good luck with the new one.  Take some pictures and let us know what you think of it. Smile
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:17pm
Ditto.  Good luck with the new camper, and you are always welcome here.  Post some pics of the camper, I'm interested how that one works out.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Hawkeyes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 8:42am
We loved our pod, too.  But we are not handy with tools so could not really do any modifications.  Thought it best to just buy something with a little more space and have the things we need already. I am so grateful for this website though.  Could never have made it through first year of camping without it!  I still check here for good ideas all the time. We bought a Forrest River Surveyor Sport 189.  It is only a couple of feet longer.  
Hawkpod
2013 Surveyor Sport 189
2017 Chevy Silverado
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:02pm
Good luck with the new camper Greg!!!  Hope to see you and Julie out there again sometime!
rex View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 9:23pm
IF YOU EVER COME TO SOUTH FLA GIVE US A SHOUT,SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS,rex pHp stuart fla.
jrr
David and Danette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 1:13pm
  Bridge707,   Sorry you lost your friends. About 2 years ago I lost my Sheltie. It took me 2 years before I could come to having another Sheltie. Rusty is now part of our family a 10 year old Sheltie we adopted from Midflasheltierescue. Hope you and all of your family enjoy your new Visa camper. I have looked at the new smaller one I think 20' in length. I like the floor plan and weight. It would be nice to have a full bath and a bed that would be easier to not have to crawl over my wife. Please post some pictures and let us know which model Visa you have.     David and Danette
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Seanl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 2:03pm
The Visa was one of our first choices as well and we would have gotten it except I think that it is just a little to much trailer for our tow vehicle

2011 Rpod 173
2009 Jeep Liberty
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 2:25pm
Definitely requires something beefier, with hitch weights over 300 pounds.  I like 1 or 2 of the 19' layouts.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Bridge707 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 12:50am
We bought the 19erd and will pick it up next week. It had the same low ground clearance issue that the pods have and we are waiting for them to get the lift kit installed before we pick it up. Plan is to be out in it next week so pictures will be coming soon.
Greg Bridgeman
Honesty is telling the truth
Integrity is telling the thruth when it hurts
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>