R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Visit to Forest River plant in Oregon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visit to Forest River plant in Oregon
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 10:42pm

Today my wife and I traveled to Dallas, Oregon to get a guided tour of the plant and see our 171 in its final assembly.  Jasmine took us thru the plant and patiently explained each of the work areas and how they are created from scratch.  Took a number of pictures and will have some fun trying to load them to this forum.  In any event, also met the plant manager and together they could not have been more accommodating.  They answered all of our questions, and showed us how an rpod is created from cutting aluminum channel and welding them together to create the side walls, to adding the cabinets, electric and plumbing and wrapping the final assembly with the fiberglass covering.  Then on to final inspection and testing.  Most interesting process.  Saw our 171 in final assembly and it should be available for our dealer to pick it up tomorrow and prep it for delivery early next week.  Although the wait has been excruciating, it will be well worth it.  We have our first trip scheduled for a week from tomorrow.  Heading to southern Oregon beaches for a look see.  I have taken a number of pictures and will try and post them.  Well, guess that won't work.  Need some hand holding to add the pics.  Had a great time and again the staff could not have been nicer and they genuinely want all owners to be happy.  The workers on the line seem to be doing all that they can to turn out a quality product.  WAITING FOR DELIVERY!!

Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:47am
To insert a picture, you will need to click on the arrow icon to expand the options available to you.  You will then see a tree icon that will allow you to pick a photo to upload.  The max size of the photo is 500K, so you may need to scale down the resolution of the photo before you will be able to upload it.

Now on to the cool part...how cool it was to see your trailer in its final stage of production.  I'll be looking forward to seeing the photos.  Big smile
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:03pm
Definitely looking forward to pics, too.  The arrow icon tpierce mentioned can either be the "post reply" button you'll see at the bottom of the thread, or the white arrow pointing up and to the right, located just above the box where I'm typing this reply.  That gives you all the extra options including the tree icon.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:29pm
I think that would be great to see them build your baby. I wish Forest River would post a video of building the pod, it seems to be really well built and thought out. Donna says we are going out next weekend come heck or High water, I hope she is right, I got the Pod ready to roll out. Happy Podin all. If there was any thing better than camping out with loved ones, God would have kept it to himself.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:08am
   How COOL!!!
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:39am
Thanks to furpod I believe I can now share the photos I took at FR.  Try this link
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 12:06pm
That works. Great shots. We hope to do a tour if we get a chance. We already did the Airstream factory, it's an awsome tour too. 
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 5:31pm
I'll "sticky" this thread so it stays near the top of the list. 
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Kickstart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kickstart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 5:32pm
Thanks for the pictures, Camper Bob. You answered a question I've always had about Pod construction. I knew they were advertized with an aluminum frame, but I always wondered about the roof crossmembers. Thanks to you, I see they're wood--Kinda disappointing, as any roof leak repairs would be much more involved.
'10 RP 175-Replaced by 2014 Kodiak 173 QBSL
'12 Toyota Tundra
'05 Sportster (half a Harley)
Retired-We're on Beach Time!
surfsup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote surfsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:40am
good tour, thanks!
'12 Honda Pilot 4x4 (Touring)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>