OK.  Thanks
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
pugspod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 1:58pm
Congrats on the new r-pod.  We bought our 2010 177 less then a month ago.  The more time you spend in it, the better you'll get at packing.  We store our clothes in a bin that we can slide in and out  beneath the bed.  Some extra clothes are now under our pillows on the bed---until we figure out somewhere else.   I store a few pots and pans in the microwave.  I store a lot of food under the starboard settee, and misc. under the other settee.  You can only use half the space under the 2nd one because of all the wires.  I've added 4 over-the-door hooks to the bathroom door for lots of stuff including my laundry bag.      Anyway, you will get better at figuring it all out when you sit in it and use your imagination.   Joy & Steve
Steve & Joy & Harley the pug
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 2:38pm
Congratulations!  As mentioned above, you'll kind of figure it out as you go.  These small campers kind of "make" us be organized and frugal with space.  For many, it's part of the fun figuring it all out. Smile
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 3:00pm
We are in our second season with our 177 and get better at organizing each time out.  WE use laundry baskets under the bed for clothing, and gave the "closet" that was hanging in the bathroom the deep 6.  Dar made a bunch of pockets that hang on the outside of the bathroom, and put a shoe organizer on the bathroom door and they are great for storing small things.  She has done a great job of organizing the supplies and impliments in the kitchen area, and the inventory has been changing and evolving.  Levelers, tools, hoses and cords etc. are in our pass through area in the back, and under the seats are odds and ends storage.  It is packed fairly full, and we try and have what we need to have fun.  I also have a bed cover on our TV, and have some storage there (fishing equipment, generator if needed, cooler, tools, etc.  We were able to stay comfortably for two weeks last fall, and a week this year with no problems.  Looking forward to another week in June!

P.S. most of the storage suggestions are not original but were shared by others on this forum.  Great folks!
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
cane2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 4:32pm
We also have a 177, 2010 We are selling and we unloaded it as someone wanted to buy it and then got cold feet, so we loaded it back up and the wife said we do NOT need all this stuff. It only took 45 years of camping to realize that. We have had motorhomes, pickup campers, fifth wheels, and pop ups, of all the units i wish i could have bought a pod back when we started it has all that we needed in it and pulls great. Now that i am in a power chair we still go out for a bit cannot get it out of our blood even thou the wife has do do more work we still have fun.
PugPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 8:03pm
Welcome to the wonderful world of Podding... New ourselves with our 2012 -177 only been out twice but more on the horizon.  Next trip in June will be taking our grandson to a dogshow. Introduce the lad to podding and dog shows.  I think it will be a while before we have all three grandkids and 3 pugs in the PugPod at the same time. Actually flew to Albequerque last weekend. Daughter # 2 got her masters in biology thiesis on Rattle Snakes. Not enough time off to take the PugPod but a good time nonetheless.
Bagpiper Bill

RP-177
09 Silverado 4X4
rex View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 2:32am
welcome and congrats on your new RPOD,HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU rex pHp stuart fla
jrr
takeachance View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:29am
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!  I packed up the "Escape" Pod and surprisingly was able to fit everything that I felt important from our tent trailer.  We are off for our first weekend camping in the r-pod.
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 11:56am

Congratulations.  Just enjoy the heck out of it.  We just returned from our maiden voyage and only had two small gripes that our dealer took care of instantly.  Ready to head out next month, again.  Safe Travels..

Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Rabbit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 5:26pm
Smile

We just took our 2012 R Pod 177 on its first trip.  Five beautiful sunny days.  We have not camped for twenty years.  We did not set up the R Dome this time.   A couple items of note.  The emergency brake cable would drag unless corrected.  The sink plumbing was not correctly set up.  The hose was completely separated from the sink.   The first morning my wife and friend noticed water dripping out from the slide.  On the first cold night I turned the furnace on at five AM.  One minute later an alarm went off.  Turned off the furnace.  Turns out the plumbing was not correctly installed from the sink to the waste line.  Needs a certain set up to work with the slide.  The alarm went off because of an oily film put on the grate by the furnace when built.
Towed great with our 2004 Avalanche. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>