R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStaying Cool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Staying Cool
    Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:14am
We're home from what I'd say is one of the hottest Memorial Days camping that we've had in quite a long while.  It was uncomfortable to even sit outside and read for the most part, that is until I brought out this new item that we bought for the Pod.

We actually found a similar item to the one above for a bit less and a different brand than the above one at our local Lowe's, but I can't find it on their website so here is the Amazon equivalent for you folks.

I gotta say, wow, what a difference this thing makes.  We dropped one of the sides of the dome down, put this up above our heads and set and oscillating fan near where the mist was spraying down.  It blew a relatively fine mist all around the dome area and within a minute or so I absolutely swear it, that we were near being chilly when minutes before 96 degree thick muggy hot air was near impossible to sit in.

I won't say it's perfect because this mist does accumulate and I eventually got a bit wet but I think positioning could be played with a bit and I'd like to have it higher up on the center pole of the Rdome.

I've read that maybe a nozzle fitting that is entirely brass might produce a finer mist and I've found complete brass ones also at Amazon, so it's definently something to play with.

All in all it's another great addition to the Pod, hot mooses are unhappy mooses!  LOLLOL

elko.mike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 12:48pm
We use them on our deck and they cool it off nicely.  I hadn't thought of taking them with us for a camping trip, but that's a good idea.  Thanks.
Mike, Linda & Doxies
2013 Hood River Edition r-pod 171
Tow Vehicles: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 (Linda's) and a 2003 Dodge Dakota (Mike's fishing truck)
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 12:57pm
Dang good idea.  Just looked for brass-fitted misters and this was the first one that came up.  Looks like it covers 30 feet for $30 (6 nozzles).  http://www.mistcooling.com/doit_yourself.htm
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply