Topic ClosedWestern Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Western Roundup
    Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 5:53pm
This was just posted on the FROG website.  If your interested I would contact Circle Creek RV Park at 503-738-6070 ASAP.

You’re invited to join other FROGs
for a relaxing weekend of “Seaside Serenity”
along the Pacific Coast in beautiful Seaside, Oregon.

Oregon FROGs are sponsoring a rally August 15-18 at beautiful Circle Creek RV Park in Seaside, OR.  We’re sending this invitation to registered FROG members in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, and British Columbia to invite you to join the fun.

Incorporated in 1899, Seaside marks the end of Lewis and Clark’s Corps of Discovery.  Seaside has historically been one of the Oregon Coast’s most visited and popular oceanfront resorts.  Just 80 miles from Portland, Seaside is a beautiful coastal community of about 6,500 with many visitor activities from which to choose.

Circle Creek RV Park is located just 1¼ miles from the Pacific Ocean, 2 miles south of Seaside, and 6 miles north of Cannon Beach.  It features 44 full hookup sites, free cable TV, free WiFi, laundry, showers, picnic tables, fire rings, and a small store.

Cost is approximately $35 per night to cover the cost of camping.  FROG will provide dinner one night, and there will be a potluck dinner on another.  This is a chance to wind down the summer, relax, and get acquainted with other FROGs in the area.  Only a limited number of sites are available so you’ll want to act fast.

Call Circle Creek at (503) 738-6070 to make a reservation, and be sure to let them know that you’re with the FROG group.  For more information, contact FROG member Bob Cowan at (503) 699-9213, or by e-mail at bcowan@hevanet.com.

When you’ve made your reservation, please let Bob Cowan know that you’re coming so that we can get a count for meals.  Sites will go quickly, so be sure to make your reservation as soon as possible.

Please note that this is a locally organized event that is fully endorsed by FROG.  Thanks to Bob Cowan for putting together this activity.

Bob Byrne
Forest River
Owners’ Group
(O) (574) 825-8532
(C) (314) 607-1531
frog@forestriverinc.com

www.forestriverfrog.com

Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 8:14am
Thought an update might be of interest.  Currently we have 12 Rpods, 6 5th wheels,and other assorted FR rv's for a total of 22 rv's registered for the Seaside Roundup in August.  FR has committed to sponsoring a dinner on Friday night and we are planning a potluck for Saturday nite.  Also the campground is planning on have a big bonfire for us on Sat.  Still have room so call if your interested.  See you in August.  Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 10:20am
For those Rpodders following this post, here is where we are.  We currently have 24 rv's attending with about 50 campers.  We will have a dinner Friday night hosted by Forest River and Saturday night the campground will provide us with a bonfire.  Good Sam has provided items to be given as door prizes, and I have contacted a few other dealers who might also provide "goodies."  Sorry you all can't attend, but there is always next year.  Have a couple of other surprises planned but will send those in a private email to those who are signed up.  There are some dry camping spaces left, as we have sold all of the hookups.  Call the campground if you want to attend.  You will have access to the dump station, and of course will be able to attend a dynamite catered dinner on Friday.  For those who will attend and are at other local campgrounds, send me an email and I will add you to the list for Friday dinner.  Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 6:03pm
Sounds like a great get-together!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 7:27pm

Come and join us. 14 Rpods. Safe Travels.

2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 1:06am
Just returned to the Pod after our second day at Circle Creek RV Park in Seaside Oregon. We are 74 campers strong with 34 total vehicles of which there are 22 Rpods. Many of the podders shared ideas and compared notes of what they wanted to do. We just finished a great BBQ dinner hosted by Forest River. A big thanks to Forest River and Bob Byrnes of the FROG group who provided much support. A number of campers have already asked where next years roundup will be. A few campers from So. Cal. were considering having a Roundup in So. Calif. next year. After dinner we sat around a campfire provided by the campground. I had been describing the merits of heading up the coast to Astoria, a mere 10 miles north,to see the town and also visit the Maritime Museum. One camper who came all the way from Florida commented that he wasn't much of a museum person but was fascinated by the museum and the light ship parked next to it at the wharf. One of our campers, Steve Thorndill composed a song that was sung at the campfire, appropriately called Seaside. Sung to the tune of Rawhide. After dinner we had a campfire provided by the campground and proceeded to share camping horror stories. Much fun. Well, off to bed. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 6:40pm
Please delete this post.
WallaWallaron,2012 RP177 H.R.E.,2010 F-150.NRA Life Member
9/11 Never Forget
wallawallaron View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 6:46pm
Thanks camper bob and sue for a great time in seaside.
here is a link to some photos from Friday,Seaside Round Up 2013     , my camera broke on Sat. so if you have photos you can please send them to me and I will add to video.
Thanks
WWR
WallaWallaron,2012 RP177 H.R.E.,2010 F-150.NRA Life Member
9/11 Never Forget

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 7:49pm
Excellent.  Don't think I can add anything to that video.  I believe that a good time was had by all, and currently looking into a venue for next year.  Hopefully we can make it 100 campers strong.  We had 74 registered this time with 34 RV's.  See you next year.  Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Craneman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by wallawallaron

Thanks camper bob and sue for a great time in seaside.
here is a link to some photos from Friday,Seaside Round Up 2013     , my camera broke on Sat. so if you have photos you can please send them to me and I will add to video.
Thanks
WWR
    X2 on the thanks to Bob and Sue, what a super job. And thanks to you for the great video.

Moe and Jo 

Jo and Gary, 2010-174,2011 F150

Jo and Gary
2010 174
2011 Ford 150

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>