Topic ClosedWestern Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Western Roundup
    Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 7:36pm
Seems that all of the east coast folks are having roundups.  How about us western folks.  Anyone interested in a roundup in Oregon or Washington the latter part of August or September?  Please send your suggestions of dates and or locations.  Possibly Astoria or Cannon Beach in Oregon, or anywhere else.  Possibly some of the folks from BC could come down and join us.  Can't let the eastern groups have all the fun.  What say any of you.  Interested?  Would welcome any event planners also.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
geklund View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 8:54pm
We are up in Sequim, WA and would be interested. However we are leaving shortly with our rPod for a trip to Alaska. Latter part of August may work.
:-)
182G 2011 Hood River Edition
F-150 5.4L
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 10:12am
I did have another request for late Sept.  If that works for you, let me know and we can start planning a Western Hoedown.  Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 9:41am
There have been a number of inquiries from both forums.  So here is what I'm suggesting.  I looked into the Astoria area and there is a nice Good Sam campground in Gearhart, Bud's Rv Park and Campground.  They have a grocery and bait shop.  So you have a choice for your meals.  That is an easy 19 miles from Astoria.  I'm planning on the weekend of Sept.  14-16th.  They rent crab traps for those who want to try their hands at crabbing.  Remember you need a shellfish license to catch crabs.  Astoria is nearby with a world class maritime museum.  Lots to see and do on the coast.  They have full hookups for all.  Just got off the phone with the campground and they will get back to me.  I do need to have some idea of how many trailers we can expect.  Will report more when I hear.  So block out those dates.  P.S. One of the attendees is currently on a trip from Washington State to Alaska.  They will be back in time, and I'm sure they would be happy to give a fireside chat on their travels.  Should be very interesting.  Anyway that's where we are at the moment.  Send me a note if you will attend ASAP.  Safe Travels.  
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 1:45pm
Just made a reservation at Circle Creek RV Park.  Had very good ratings and is a Good Sam park.  They are holding 6 spaces for us.  I have already reserved a spot for ourselves.  We are going to be there Sept. 14-16th.  The campground is in Seaside just a mile or so south of Gearhart.  After further checking in the Trailer Life Directory and online this seems a nicer venue.  There will probably be a herd of wild Elk near the park for viewing.  All that can be done at the coast is available.  Still planning to do some crabbing.  All are full hookups and our rate is $38.  If you prefer to contact directly, the phone number is 503-738-6070.  Please let me know who will be attending.  Looking forward to this with you all.  Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 9:18pm
For those of you who are thinking of attending, for those with 4 wheel drive you can drive on the beach, in Gearhart, and for the shoppers, there are factory outlet stores.  Bring your checkbooks.  Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 9:21am
Yea.  The Eklunds have agreed to give a campfire chat on Sat. evening about their Alaska trip.  Should be fascinating.  I hope all bring cameras.  Also, since I and others are novices in posting photos to the forums, possibly someone could give a chat about how to post pics.  I will bring a laptop so that a demo will be possible.  Please make reservations if you plan to attend ASAP and let me know so I can add you to our list.  Possibly a potluck on Friday for all those who make it down early?  Looking forward to meeting you all.  Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:30am
We are closing in on our Sept. 13th Western Roundup in Seaside Oregon. For those who are still on the fence about attending, now would be the time to make your reservation. We have 4 others attendees and as I mentioned in prior posts, the Gekklunds have just returned from a trip to Alaska and back with their Rpod. They will be sharing all of their experiences and hopefully some photos. Come and join us at the Oregon Coast. Should be interesting and fun. Hope more can attend. The venue is at the Circle Creek RV Park 503-738-6070 in Astoria. Mention that you are with the Rpod group. Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:32am
Oops.  The venue for the roundup is in Seaside, just a paltry 15 miles from Astoria, which has a world class maritime museum.  Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 9:09am
We are fast approaching our first Western Roundup at Seaside Oregon starting Thursday Sept. 9th thru Sunday. We still have room for more, so if your plans have changed and you can join us, we would love to have you. We are staying at Circle Creek RV Park 503-738-6070 in Seaside. I have arranged a special rate for the Rpod group. When calling, mention that you are with the Rpod group. I have obtained some booklets on Seaside and the entire Oregon Coast of things to see and do, and I will be handing them out as you join us. Looks like we'll have a potluck on Saturday nite and we have a Rpoder who just returned from a trip to Alaska with their Rpod. Should be a fascinating discussion on their trip. See you there. Safe Travels.
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>