R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRPOD Brakes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
elko.mike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPOD Brakes
    Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by greynomad

Had the electronic brake system incorporated with my Toyota tow system. Brakes had been working fine until this morning. Had spent the night at a RV sight with everything hooked up for a early morning get away. Down the freeway it was for 14 hrs and the brakes got worst by the mile. If I hit the brakes with any pressure the POD would wag the back end of the truck like a dog. At times when coming to a stop the right POD tyre would lock up. What could have happen overnight to the system? It was a bloody nightmare going thru towns with stop lights

There is an adjustment for how much braking goes into the trailer.  On my Ram, which is digital, there is a "+"-button and a "-"-button for whether I want more, or less, braking to the trailer.  On my Dakota it is a thumbwheel on the side of the brake controller.  You need to figure out how to set that on the Toyota.  When you find out how it is done lower the braking. 
I try to adjust mine so that the trailer stops right with the truck.  If it feels like the trailer is pushing the TV when I stop then I increase the braking a little bit.  If it feels like the trailer is stopping the TV then I decrease the brake.  
If it is like my Dakota it is easy to inadvertently "adjust" the brake.  Anyway, that's the most likely scenario.  
Good luck.

Mike, Linda & Doxies
2013 Hood River Edition r-pod 171
Tow Vehicles: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 (Linda's) and a 2003 Dodge Dakota (Mike's fishing truck)
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 10:36pm
Mine is a Kenosha, or something like that, it is wire less and has a thumb wheel where you can increase or decrease the braking activity, during normal braking, it also has a button to apply the brakes , is your remote between the seats where it is applying the brake, does your have a read out that shows braking force, should be around 3, 3.2 no more than 3.5 on new brakes, give us more info.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
greynomad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 9:41pm
Had the electronic brake system incorporated with my Toyota tow system. Brakes had been working fine until this morning. Had spent the night at a RV sight with everything hooked up for a early morning get away. Down the freeway it was for 14 hrs and the brakes got worst by the mile. If I hit the brakes with any pressure the POD would wag the back end of the truck like a dog. At times when coming to a stop the right POD tyre would lock up. What could have happen overnight to the system? It was a bloody nightmare going thru towns with stop lights
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12