Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New TV Ram 1500
    Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by David and Danette

When I got home did some research and found several postive reviews and the next day my wife and I ended up buying the Ram 1500. ...   It has a 7,700 Lb. tow capacity and a six speed transmisson with electronic gear select.  ...  David and Danette

Our TV is a Ram 1500 and it hardly knows the trailer is back there.  You will like the way the Ram tows the r-pod.  We do.
Mike, Linda & Doxies
2013 Hood River Edition r-pod 171
Tow Vehicles: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 (Linda's) and a 2003 Dodge Dakota (Mike's fishing truck)
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 4:42pm
Most replies are correct, its for lower emissions, with CAFE (corp average fuel econ) manufactors clamor to lower emissions as cheaply as possible, aircraft have 2 complete seperate but similar ignition systems for safety, one fails the other still works, on aircraft one magneto is an impulse, it has a spring loaded device that snaps the mag over quickly for a hot spark at low cranking rpm, that is why you never move a prop unles you know what you are doing, with the mag switch off, if there is a broken p lead wire to the mag, with the ignition off that mag will produce spark and cut off your (what ever is in the way) I am glad R-Pods are safe and foregiving. But Donna is gonna kill me if I don't quit forgetting to take out the smoke alarm battery when making toast
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 4:52pm
Oh P.S. the reason I am familar with aircraft magnetos is I used to have a 1946 Taylorcraft BC-12D, 65 Horsepower Contenetal 4 cylinder, these air craft are hand propers, no electric systems on board period. No lights, no radio, no VOR navigation systems, Chock the wheels, mags hot, throttle cracked, prime 3 shots of fuel, grab the prop tip, right leg forward, pull down (get leg out of the way) Zoom, now try to figure out how to lean out of the cockpit pull the wheel chocks out of the way, put them inside the airplane, close door, put seat belt on, taxi and take off, now I forgot where I was going.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 10:14pm
Doesn't matter what you drive or fly, I think that is a common problem.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12