R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSafety Recall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Safety Recall
    Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:45am
From what I understand, the work can be done by any dealer, whether they're a FR authorized dealer or not.  They just have to be willing to work with FR.  Since my dealer has already ordered the kit, I'll give them the opportunity to do it.  I've sent them the pics that have been posted and they already told me that FR provides specific installation instructions, so we'll see what happens.  Since I have it there, I may see if they'll put on my replacement decals from that issue.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
barbanjoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 9:59am
Originally posted by this_is_nascar

From what I understand, the work can be done by any dealer, whether they're a FR authorized dealer or not.  They just have to be willing to work with FR.  Since my dealer has already ordered the kit, I'll give them the opportunity to do it.  I've sent them the pics that have been posted and they already told me that FR provides specific installation instructions, so we'll see what happens.  Since I have it there, I may see if they'll put on my replacement decals from that issue.
They HAVE to be an authorized Forest River dealer to do the work and be paid by Forest River, the problem is some dealers sell the brand but do not do warranty or repair service, or no longer are Forest River dealers. Susan helped me locate a FR dealer who would do the work. If they are not a FR dealer it's like taking your toyota to chevy for warranty work.
BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 7:55am
Originally posted by barbanjoe

Originally posted by this_is_nascar

They HAVE to be an authorized Forest River dealer to do the work and be paid by Forest River, the problem is some dealers sell the brand but do not do warranty or repair service, or no longer are Forest River dealers. Susan helped me locate a FR dealer who would do the work. If they are not a FR dealer it's like taking your toyota to chevy for warranty work.

OK.  I'm just repeating what I saw posted either here or on the other board.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
aatonna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 4:18pm
As I reported earlier, after my dealer was no help in getting started with the recall, I emailed the lady who signed the recall notice letter.  She never replied.  Later I received a voice message from my contact at the dealer telling me to call the lady at Forest River (the one I emailed) and arrange to have the parts delivered directly to me, then call for an appointment to install.  I found that to be a strange way of handling things.  I called the lady over two days, finally getting through today.  She confirmed that my dealer, the only one she has dealt with which requires this, was requiring delivery of parts to the customer then installation by the dealer.  Parts are supposed to be received by me next week.  I'll report back if I experience more problems getting this work done.  Feels like I have had to "pull teeth" to get this far!  Once done, I'll be taking a trip to see if mileage increases.
Art
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 6:26pm
I don't know how much money I would spend witht that dealer in the future.  He needs to learn about "the voice of the customer."
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
aatonna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 6:37pm
I asked the Forest River lady if the local dealer I am using is the only one in the Phoenix metro area, and she said, yes.  So I'm stuck.  All will be well if the work is done quickly and efficiently.
Art
barbanjoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by aatonna

As I reported earlier, after my dealer was no help in getting started with the recall, I emailed the lady who signed the recall notice letter.  She never replied.  Later I received a voice message from my contact at the dealer telling me to call the lady at Forest River (the one I emailed) and arrange to have the parts delivered directly to me, then call for an appointment to install.  I found that to be a strange way of handling things.  I called the lady over two days, finally getting through today.  She confirmed that my dealer, the only one she has dealt with which requires this, was requiring delivery of parts to the customer then installation by the dealer.  Parts are supposed to be received by me next week.  I'll report back if I experience more problems getting this work done.  Feels like I have had to "pull teeth" to get this far!  Once done, I'll be taking a trip to see if mileage increases.
Which dealer is it? Mine couldn't do the work so she sent me to anthem rv and boat, it is there now.
BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
Podsible Dream View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 8:48am
Has everyone heard from FR as of now-that have the models to be recalled? I sent our address and VIN to Susan two weeks ago and have yet to hear back. We bought ours from the first owner in NY and registered it here in NJ last year.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
aatonna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 10:01am
My AZ dealer is Tom's Camperland with stores on the far West side and in Tempe.
Art
aatonna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 10:05am
You need to call Susan Thornberg (574-642-3119 X 205).  I called 3 times until I got through.  She was very accommodating once I got through.
Art
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>