Topic ClosedIves Run, Tioga, PA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ives Run, Tioga, PA
    Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 9:40am

I just got back from taking the 5 year old and the R-Pod for their maiden voyages at Ives Run in north-central PA. It is a federal campground and was created and maintained by the Army Corp of Engineers. The ACoE built a dam to control flooding downstream and created Tioga and Hammond lakes - the campground is on the south shore of Hammond lake. The campground has the a range of sites from full hookup to no hookup - with "rustic" sites a mile down the lake.

Our site was near the boat launch (and bluegill fishing; he caught dozens!), and featured a level concrete pad, gravel area with picnic table, lantern pole, fire ring with cooking top, 50A & water, and was surrounded by a mowed grass field and trees.

We had no issues the entire time....setup and tear-down of the R-Dome were a breeze (thanx to all the posts on the forum!Smile) We even took showers (liberal use of the termShocked) just to see what that was like. We got clean - it worked fine. We biked, swam, fished, biked, fished, hiked, ate s'mores, biked, fished, swam ..... did I mention we fished?Tongue

I'll add that the ACoE were on the ball -- an underground fresh water leak developed two sites up from us and the ACoE dug the hole and fixed the leak ... within an hour!
"What happens in the POD, stays in the POD."
2002 Dakota (pulling a) 2012 R-Pod 176T
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 12:41pm
Corps of Engineer Parks are great.  We had a nice time last summer at one along the Mississippi.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 10:04pm
Sounds like a great trip and memory makers. Donna and I love blue gill fishing and blue gill eating. some of the best fish there is to eat. have fun and build more memories.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 10:09pm
Is that pole for hanging a lantern?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
The E Train View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by techntrek

Is that pole for hanging a lantern?
That is what my neighbors said. Looks like it would be convenient for that anyway, and it rotates fairly easily. The campground does not allow any attachments to trees, so, I guess, they provide the pole. I noticed that other campers used it for just about everything (like, tying off clothes lines, tents, awnings, etc.)  
Bill & Marie in TX View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:00pm
Our house is right next to an ACoE lake (Lake Lavon) and they are always on top of things.  They also provide us in North Texas with drinking water!
2Peas-n-Rpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:21am
There is also an ACoE park in Boardman, OR (now a private holding) right on the Columbia river just east of Hermiston. One of the best parks we have ever stayed in - lots of space between the sites, beautiful landscaping, walking path, marina, playground area, picnic grounds and gazebo. If you are traveling through Oregon on I-84, stop there for a few days and enjoy the river. Thumbs Up
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod (now sold)
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
The E Train View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:28pm
I should also add that, during my 2 night stay, I had numerous questions and comments on the Pod and 2 full tours (given by the 5 year old!) for folks interested in future potential ownership. Not to mention the constant "rubber necking" as people walked/biked/drove by our site. I should start carrying brochures! I'm usually not one for attention, so it was a little awkward, but it was nice to see people so excited about our little unit.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:22pm
Welcome to pod life!  Many of us should be getting a percentage of gross sales from all the tours we've given.  Tongue
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply