R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEqualizer Hitch ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Equalizer Hitch ...
    Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 9:22pm
So    ...we took the plunge and although it's early in the game we are very happy with the Equalizer Stabilzer Hitch. We droved up to Gillette, WY from Laramie yesterday - - and just happened to have a couple kinds scary sway episodes. This morning we visited a Forest River dealer in Gillette who just also happened to be an Equalizer dealer. We had bought the hitch on-line before hand but he agreed to install it for the normal hourly shop rate. He also installed the Dometic Slide-out Topper for us.

After installation and a brief orientation to the hitch we were off to Custer, SD. Ran through some really gusty areas and the Pod held strong - - not the slightest sway. So    ...you could say we are pretty happy campers right now. Yes, they are expensive but the peace of mind that comes from knowing you can push through some testy winds and pass an oncoming 18 wheeler without being thrown around on the road is worth it to us.

Anyhow    ...just thought I'd update ya'll on the new mods. Now for a good night's sleep here at Sylvan Lake in SD.

'Slogger
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
dsmiths View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 9:52pm
Sounds like a good trip footslogger. I hope we can get out this weekend, gotta watch the weather but I think we can pull off a 2 nighter.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
 Post Reply Post Reply