Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Campground Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Campground Etiquette
    Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 10:37am
Here is a link to some campground etiquette that is well worth reading.  Maybe you have some of your own to add to the list.

http://blog.bestoftheroad.com/new-rver/campground-etiquette/
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 11:19am
Also, don't get drunk and talk loudly about your sex life around the campfire at 4:00 AM. Worst camping neighbors ever.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 1:53pm
I know what you mean.  Some people just have to get drunk.  If they get to loud I report them the next day.  I remember one time when we were camped in an Army Corp of Engineers campground with tons of space between sites.  You couldn't even see another camper.  Some guys came in drunk already and then got completely wasted...and LOUD.  It didn't take long and there was county police, state police and somebody else.  One of the guys got mouthy with the cops!  He was hauled away.  That took care of any noise!

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 3:47pm
Our first time camping we were at a KOA in a town.  It was paved completely with noting between sites at all.  A group eith a pop up came in next to us, set up a boom box on a crate and faced it away from them and right at us.  It was blasting rock music, and I thought I would have trouble with them.  It was put away at 10:00 PM on the dot, and we never heard from them again.  It wsa annoying, but apparently withnin the rules.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 10:07pm
Good link TerryM, Donna and I just returned from a 2 nighter at our favorite local National forest site, and we had a good time, weather was great, windows open during the night with the fan in the shower on low, perfect sleeping weather. bbbuuuuttt , we love to walk the campgrounds and the trails, and every few feet the dog people did not clean up fido's stuff on the walkways, we had to zig zag between the crap. We dont have a dog, but if we did we would not allow constant barking (while you are gone to the , fill in the blank all day) or "dog stuff" Pick it up people. I think it is the minority that does this as most campers are good old guys and gals.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 8:36pm
Note to self...be more quiet when drunk talking about my sex life.

Sorry bout that...Wink
secretbard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote secretbard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 11:05pm
Yes, if you like to get drunk and rowdy during all hours of the night, be courteous and keep it down after 10pm.  Oh, and don't use the chainsaw in the middle of the night either.  I had a bad experience tent camping once where these kids came around after everyone went to bed looking for stuff to steal and trying every car door to see if it was open.  I am so glad I got the R-pod, as the noise and the security is much improved.  It is amazing.  When I have all my windows closed and/or the windows open with the bathroom fan on low, I don't hear anything outside.  The Pod must be pretty insulated as I remember tent camping a couple of years ago and could hear every noise from snoring to loud parties in the adjacent camp site.  
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
g4royce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote g4royce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 8:15am
That sounds scary. 

Our worst camping experience in terms of noisy neighbours was at the Fingerlakes Wine Festival at Watson's Glen.  Little did we know that camping at the festival meant it was non-stop Party Central.  To make it worse, there seemed to be an endless stream of drunk frat boy types talking loudly about their sex life, breaking wine bottles somewhere nearby and then swearing loudly because they impaled themselves on the shards.  To top it off, they had fireworks and sky lanterns which they tried to set off throughout the night while drunk. Some fireworks hit a tent to our left....

Elsewhere in the camping areas, the norm seemed to be Class As and 5th wheels drawn tight in a circle with a DJ, lights and several bars set up in the middle.  They had also roped off the communal water spigots in those areas for their own use as a group.  Thumbs Down

It seems that the only way to enjoy that festival is to go as a group (like those Class As) and create your own quiet section.

ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
Seanl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seanl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 9:05am
Originally posted by g4royce

That sounds scary. 

Our worst camping experience in terms of noisy neighbours was at the Fingerlakes Wine Festival at Watson's Glen.  Little did we know that camping at the festival meant it was non-stop Party Central.  To make it worse, there seemed to be an endless stream of drunk frat boy types talking loudly about their sex life, breaking wine bottles somewhere nearby and then swearing loudly because they impaled themselves on the shards.  To top it off, they had fireworks and sky lanterns which they tried to set off throughout the night while drunk. Some fireworks hit a tent to our left....

Elsewhere in the camping areas, the norm seemed to be Class As and 5th wheels drawn tight in a circle with a DJ, lights and several bars set up in the middle.  They had also roped off the communal water spigots in those areas for their own use as a group.  Thumbs Down

It seems that the only way to enjoy that festival is to go as a group (like those Class As) and create your own quiet section.

I go up to Watkins Glen every year for the NASCAR races. You always get a little of this but the security is good at the race and quiet time is enforced.
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
g4royce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote g4royce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Seanl

Originally posted by g4royce

That sounds scary. 

I go up to Watkins Glen every year for the NASCAR races. You always get a little of this but the security is good at the race and quiet time is enforced.

Security was excellent at the Watkins Glen race track and there were local cops making sure there was no drunk-driving at the exits. I think part of the problem was that we haven't done camping at that type of event or venue before and went to the general camping/unreserved spots which tend to be rowdier than the reserved spots.  Maybe also bc it was a wine festival and it was full of people trying to get drunk on free and cheap wine.

I can see a Nascar event with a bunch of fellow campers in the reserved spot being a lot of fun.  A friend of ours takes her 5th wheel to the Poconos to meet-up with fellow enthusiasts every year.  They reserve sites next to each other. 
ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>