Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Campground Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Campground Etiquette
    Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 11:59am

That's ruff!

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 5:55pm
Play "Who let the dogs out"  see what they think!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 8:04pm
I know I am going to get "Hollared at" but my biggest complaint is barking dogs. I know you cant leave "Fido" at home while you are gone, I know there are a lot of dog people out there, but it seems like the smaller the dog is the more "yappy" they are. I have heard some camp grounds have pet only area's but we have only been to 4 different public camp grounds so far and there is no pet only area's where we have been. I think the pet area seems to be next to where I am.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
wildflowerz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote wildflowerz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 1:01am
I hear you about the barking dogs. We travel with three big dog who are usually very good. Our oldest isn't always a good sleeper and barks in the middle of the night.Angry  It is 1am right now and I have to sit with the old guy until he falls asleep so he won't bother those around us. 

Paige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 8:01am
We had neighbors like that a while back where we lived, we blew our speakers out in an attempt to annoy the neighbors. They were totally unaware of their barking dogs and of course our blaring music,,,that lasted only a few minutes before the speaks sizzled.
We camp with our two pugs and if they start to bark, I spray water at them. They are not the smartest dogs, but they get the hint and are quiet.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
New York & Florida residents
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 12:02pm
Being annoying back is just passive agressive and adds to the problem.  If you have trouble with a neighbor speak with them, or a local authority, and solve the problem.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Paige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 9:44pm
Talking with them didn't work, the authorities couldn't be bothered, and the blaring of the speakers was the last ( and futile) resort. It has been my experience that if people don't recognize that their barking dogs are a problem, there is nothing you can do to convince them otherwise. I am a dog lover and owner, but I have a difficult time tolerating insensitive animal owners.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
New York & Florida residents
GlennZippy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlennZippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 12:24pm
While tent camping last year in Yellowstone we had neighbors pull in after 9:00pm and loudly set up. We woke up the next morning to a laundry line stretched across the trail leading to the bathroom. Fortunately it was our last night in camp and we happily watch them get busted for leaving food out unattended.
2010 R-Pod 152
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tars Tarkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 10:58pm
I was tent camping at Yellowstone in September.  We had some of the rudest neighbors ever at the site next to us.  They had absolutely no respect for our site or privacy.  A kid who was old enough to know better, and was with adults old enough to educate him if he didn't, would come traipsing right through our site frigging singing at the top of his lungs at most any hour of the day or night.  Happy little kid.

TT
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 4:54am
Interesting mix at camp grounds.  It seems far worse on holiday weekends.  The other extreme is a former co-worker who forbids anyone to speak at his camp site.  His group is quiet, but my bet is that they are not very happy.  I won't camp with him!
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>