This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Campground Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote johnmaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Campground Etiquette
    Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Tars Tarkas

No problem on agreeing to disagree, but depending on where you go camping, generators are among the things we have to deal with, like them or not.  People camp for a lot of reasons, and have a lot of styles of camping.  Some people have generators, some have dogs or motorcycles, some have kids.  Some have boomboxes, guitars, or loud drunk friends.  Many have various combinations of those, and other annoyances.  Some people don't even like camper trailers.  To each is own.

TT
+1 Big smile
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 7:22am
+2       who doesn't like motorcyclesStar
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 8:59pm
Even your Honda (which is very little quieter than my Champion) hs to shut down at the start of quiet time.  
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
matell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote matell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 6:58pm
Our experience with rude campers was from a stag party that lasted to 4:30 in the morning!! The next day as I was walking by there campsite I said to a hung over guy " the campground would like to thank you and the two chatty cathys for keeping them up till 4:30 and where are the two chatty Cathy's ?? His reply i think they left.he could not look us in the face. Dumb a
Vancouver Island loving its beauty
With Misha the lab
DavMar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DavMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Leo B

With you there Leo, would love to figure out how I can haul my vintage 81 R100RS BMW with us. Tongue

Ah there is nothing like trying to kick back and enjoy nature to the hum of generators! LOL

What gets me so perplexed is what I call "Campires". These are the people who generally pull in with their monster 5th wheel. Set up and go inside and you never see them again! Other then maybe their shadow showing from the glow of their mega flat screen TV! It leaves me scratching my head thinking why bother? I wish someone could explain them to me.

Ah to each their own I suppose....
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 7:18am
Originally posted by DavMar

With you there Leo, would love to figure out how I can haul my vintage 81 R100RS BMW with us. Tongue

Ah there is nothing like trying to kick back and enjoy nature to the hum of generators! LOL

What gets me so perplexed is what I call "Campires". These are the people who generally pull in with their monster 5th wheel. Set up and go inside and you never see them again! Other then maybe their shadow showing from the glow of their mega flat screen TV! It leaves me scratching my head thinking why bother? I wish someone could explain them to me.

The truth is, MANY RV owners are not campers at all. Many NEVER were. WE see plenty of new owners right here for whom the R-Pod is their very first "camping" experience. For many though, it's a mobile hotel room, where they know everything is to their liking. And they use it thusly.

To avoid a lot of that, don't stay in parks with full hookups. Stay in small parks. Boondock. Etc.

When I was a backpacker, and then tent camper, I often thought anyone using anything "more" then me, wasn't a camper. I got over it when I developed the need for indoor plumbing on most nights, and learned the joy of coming back to camp after a long hike, taking a hot shower, drinking a COLD beverage, and sleeping with air conditioning.

I don't judge how others use their stuff. (currently enjoying the lifestyle that allows me to use a toothbrush with a full handle..)
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 8:24am
This last summer we spent far more nights in RV parks than campgrounds.  They are parking lots with hookups, and were great whe n we were traveling.  We had some beautiful camping sites also in places where we stayed to enjoy the area.  Both filled a need.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
mtbmitch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtbmitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 10:05am

The 1981-84 model BWW's were nice. A set of Ohlins on the rear and a sport cam with a 5 angle valve grind will wake the engine up a bit. Have you looked at this mini bike hauler?
https://www.livinlite.com/products/quicksilver-toy-haulers/7x18FK.html

Originally posted by furpod

Originally posted by DavMar

The truth is, MANY RV owners are not campers at all. Many NEVER were. WE see plenty of new owners right here for whom the R-Pod is their very first "camping" experience. For many though, it's a mobile hotel room, where they know everything is to their liking. And they use it thusly.

To avoid a lot of that, don't stay in parks with full hookups. Stay in small parks. Boondock. Etc.

When I was a backpacker, and then tent camper, I often thought anyone using anything "more" then me, wasn't a camper. I got over it when I developed the need for indoor plumbing on most nights, and learned the joy of coming back to camp after a long hike, taking a hot shower, drinking a COLD beverage, and sleeping with air conditioning.

I don't judge how others use their stuff. (currently enjoying the lifestyle that allows me to use a toothbrush with a full handle..)
enjoy the fresh air
DavMar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DavMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by mtbmitch

The 1981-84 model BWW's were nice. A set of Ohlins on the rear and a sport cam with a 5 angle valve grind will wake the engine up a bit. Have you looked at this mini bike hauler?
https://www.livinlite.com/products/quicksilver-toy-haulers/7x18FK.html

Are you taking about hmmm.... a 336 cam? If so IMHO the boost in performance is not that great and as far as the valve job all the early 80 models have a bad tendency of valve rescission do to faulty metallurgic of the valve seats because of the introduction of no lead gas. There for most of the bikes in those years have had valve jobs. Though this is a subject for a BMW forum or shoot me a PM.

I'm happy with my Pod and even though I wish I could take my bike at a little over 500 lbs. it would be to much to load in the rear of the truck. Though if you know someone with a 1950 to 1960's single cylinder R25 or 26 for sale I'd be all ears! Wink

Originally posted by mtbmitch

Agree with you totally, it's nice having your toothbrush handy. Still I'm perplexed as to the psychology of individuals that would pay what we did for our Pods or even better thousands of dollars more for a 5th wheel, motor home, what have you, and once set up never venture outside? If that's what you want fine but I still wonder why don't they "camp" at a five star hotel then in a campground hmmm?
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
Shane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 4:01pm
Went to a campground up in Wisconsin, and had a rude guest near us. All I heard all night was ( whip-a-whirl, whip-a-whirl ) lol I had to set up right near a whip-a-whirl. He was rude all night long...lol...
ENGINE 55,TRUCK 44,BATALLION 12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>