Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Campground Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Campground Etiquette
    Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 3:08pm
My problem is I go to bed around 9PM and get up between 3 and 4AM.  Mix in a couple of wake ups in between.  Any un-natural noise and I'm up and ready for fight or flight!  That nudist campground I go to the owner gave me a key to the front gate so I can head out about 4:30AM for a paper and coffee!  But I do it as quiet as a mouse.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by TerryM

My problem is I go to bed around 9PM and get up between 3 and 4AM.  Mix in a couple of wake ups in between.  Any un-natural noise and I'm up and ready for fight or flight!  That nudist campground I go to the owner gave me a key to the front gate so I can head out about 4:30AM for a paper and coffee!  But I do it as quiet as a mouse.

Terry

... with clothes on I hope Tongue.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TIDALWAVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 6:32pm
I know a lot of people like to use a diesel powered tow vehicle...but do they have to be 'warmed up' in the pre-dawn for an hour.  And then revved a 'few' times just to make sure that everyone within a quarter mile knows that they own a diesel?
TIDALWAVE
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 8:29pm
Camping in the Tetons a few years ago we were treated to two diesel TVs reved up for over an hour trying to get the batteries in their trailers charged up.  The did quit at 10:00PM.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 3:14am
    At last years Midwest rally in Weston Bend State Park just north of Kansas City the Quiet Police (campground host) had to make a visit at 10 PM to tell those noisey R-PODDERS  that it was quiet time.
     You never think that you are loud until someone comes around and lets you know.   Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 9:59am
Podders, the scourge of campgrounds everywhere.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 10:57am
Maybe we should organize into chapters, like the Sons of Anarchy.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 7:12am
How about playing football, baseball, etc. in an open "play area".....away from the crowded campsites?
It's very discouraging to have stuff like that bouncing off of my truck & camper - after having had to work so hard to pay for them.
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 9:58am
Originally posted by this_is_nascar

Originally posted by TerryM

Terry

... with clothes on I hope Tongue.

Yep, no since in scaring  unsuspecting people so early in the morning!Cry

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TIDALWAVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2012 at 9:54am
I have to believe that people who have dogs that bark all night must be deaf or are comatose when they sleep. We have been kept up all night more than once by campers whose dogs simply did not stop barking.
Many of these dogs also bark at other campers who may come within a couple of hundred feet from their campsite.
I trained my dogs to be silent on command.

I have threatened more than once to bring my biggest speakers with and aim them at the offenders and blare the loudest thumping music at the offenders as soon as their dogs begin to bark in the night.
TIDALWAVE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>