This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Campground Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Tars Tarkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Campground Etiquette
    Posted: 26 May 2014 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Thredbende

Please find another way to deal with your justifiable anger.

Agreed!  This method seems a whole lot like a waiter spitting in your food because someone else stiffed him on a tip.  Even if he spits on your food because you stiffed him, it is, at the very least, inappropriate behavior.

Campground etiquette involves communication about the annoyances of others and even tolerance sometimes, not reciprocity. 

I go to a certain place in the Smokies regularly and for over a year there has been a hand-painted sign (outside the park) along the way to this isolated corner of the park that says "Cowards Poison Dogs".  No explanation.  I imagine it's there because the owner of the property probably had a dog that got into his neighbor's trash can, or committed some other capital offense.  Rather than simply confront the dog owner, the guy with the trash can put a poisoned hot dog in the trash can, and now the dog owner now wants to embarrass the trash can owner every time he drives by.  It's a sad commentary on modern life, but I agree with the sign owner. 

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Budward

Good idea!   Of course the dog that eats it may not the the dog that left it- thereby possibly spreading parasites.  But then again- if people didn't let their dogs run loose......

At my camp in the mountains of NC we notice all poop left by our two dogs is always gone the next day-  I assume it is coyotes but don't know.
Been meaning to put one of my trail cams surveilling a poop pile to get pics of what eats it overnightSmile

I hope when you say "my camp" it is your own personal property.  Responsible campers with dogs clean up after them.  If it is your property you do what you want. If shared property clean it up.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 7:34pm
It is possible he cleans up on a daily basis, or at the end of the camping trip.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Budward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 7:58pm
My camp-  means just that- my camp.  10 acres, privately owned by the wife and I.  Only one neighbor within 1/2 mile and darn few within 2 miles.

Out in public we carry the little doggy poop sack dispensers...unpleasant as it is to pick up a warm squishy dog poop with the bag we do it without fail.Dead  and our dogs are NEVER off leash unless in our fenced in 2 acres at home or the pen at our camp.
2014 179
Towed by a 2015 Ford Transit Diesel
Supervised by a German/Aussie mix and a Labradoodle!
mtbmitch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtbmitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 5:51pm
come out to Idaho, mid week one can have a complete 
valley to themselves along with the wildlife.
enjoy the fresh air
Budward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 10:53am
Have an etiquette point  to add-   if you need to access your car a dozen times overnight use the KEY!
Not the remote that makes your HORN BEEP every freakin' time......Angry
There- I feel better.Smile
2014 179
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 1:51pm
I do!  Smile
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Budward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 3:10pm
Me too!  I'd like to turn it off on our Toyota but only the dealer can do it....at least it is just a piezo beep instead of the actual horn, like the moron's car who was camped near us in the California Redwoods.
2014 179
Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 5:06pm
I agree!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 10:55pm
And then one evening I reached inside the window and opened the door lock and opened the door on the Trailblazer which fooled the security system into thinking an Idiot ( me ) had broken a window to gain entry. Honk Honk, flashing lights and my keys were not in my pocket. oh poop. I don't think I was liked very much that evening. Note to self : use the key.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>