Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Campground Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Campground Etiquette
    Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 7:28am
ooopps! Stuff happens! I usually dont get bothered if it only happens once. It's when it happens all the time that it bothers
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
chief54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote chief54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 10:51am
We where at Yellowstone in the Canyon CG for a week prior to going on a week long backcountry horse pack trip, which was awesome. We had a large family pull in across from us and as soon as truck was turned off the father gave kids ax and saw and they proceeded to cut down live and dead trees in the campground. Needless to say we were dumbfounded while my girlfriend filmed this I went to find a ranger which took about an hour. Ranger finally showed up came to our site and watched this family cut down the CG. I asked what he would do and ranger responded that he could cite them, kick them out of park, talk to them and let them off if they did not know the rules, which is what he ended up doing, but being the kind of person I am before he did that I asked him if he pulled me over driving in park and I was drinking a beer and smoking pot would he just explain rules to me if I stated that I did not know that was against park regulations, he did not respond but just gave me a dirty look and went over to talk to Paul Bunyon and his family.
Grayotter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grayotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 3:42pm
We were camped in Guadalupe National Monument near the longest day of the year having a great time connecting with our neighbors. 10 pm came early and we weren't watching our time. It became obvious that we were enjoying ourselves too much when a neighbor shined a million power light at us and told us to be quiet! We got the message. 
I've thought about the solution, but afraid that kind of light might make a great target....
Love2 1der
MarkInPgh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MarkInPgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 12:18pm
I thought I was the only one who had noisy camp neighbors. I really prefer weekday and out-of-season camping. No kids, few dogs and lots empty sites. Kids screaming and screeching & dogs barking and yapping drives me up a wall.
mtbmitch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtbmitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 11:13am
Another reason to dry camp and find an out of the way spot. Generators and people blasting their music hinder relaxing. Luckly here in Idaho there are places to escape. Though the fed gov't is doing their best to burn down our state.
enjoy the fresh air
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tars Tarkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by mtbmitch

Another reason to dry camp and find an out of the way spot. Generators and people blasting their music hinder relaxing. Luckly here in Idaho there are places to escape. Though the fed gov't is doing their best to burn down our state.

I was there 3 years ago and just about everywhere I went there was a fog of various densities, except it wasn't fog, it was smoke. 

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
jclaffee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jclaffee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 8:22pm
We were recently camping at a very small Nat'l Forest campground in SW Colorado, when a miraculously huge toy hauler managed to thread it's way through the place and set up next to us.  Not more than 30 minutes later, the generator started (just don't get me started on generators...).  Then the rear door/ramp came down, and the reason the generator was necessary became clear.  They used an electric leaf blower to blow the crap out of their trailer into the "green space" between our camp sites.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tars Tarkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 9:41pm
Regarding generators, I was a long time tent camper and I used to have great disdain for them.  Now I he one.  The reality is that there are so many more RVs out there now than there used to be that most campgrounds cater to RVs and RVs and generators go together.  The NP campgrounds I mostly go to have areas for, or not for, generators and they have generator hours.  I always try to avoid spots near tents when I can.  (I'm not a big fan of the reservation system the NPs all seem to have bought into.)  Sometimes you get put next to whoever made the previous reservation.

I have tent-camped in non-generator areas and had neighbors way noisier and much more obnoxious than someone next door with a cheap million dB generator too.

I think people need to be sensitive to their neighbors, whether it's about dogs or generators or whatever. 

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
jclaffee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jclaffee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 10:05pm
I think it best we agree to disagree on the subject of generators.Handshake

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tars Tarkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 10:28pm
No problem on agreeing to disagree, but depending on where you go camping, generators are among the things we have to deal with, like them or not.  People camp for a lot of reasons, and have a lot of styles of camping.  Some people have generators, some have dogs or motorcycles, some have kids.  Some have boomboxes, guitars, or loud drunk friends.  Many have various combinations of those, and other annoyances.  Some people don't even like camper trailers.  To each is own.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>