Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello from Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Michigan
    Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 5:11pm
Hi, we are The McLane's and we just brought home, a new to us, 2010 R-175. It was only used a couple of times by a single guy, so the dealer told us, and it actually still smells new. And yes we know what a new one smells like..lol. We have named it Pudderpod, because we plan on doing a lot of puddering around the country - we know most people say putter but we have always said pudder, and the wife is decorating it with her favorite cow stuff so its kinda a play on words. We had thought of cowpod but that just made our kids laugh and say it didn't look like a cowpod to them it was too white....
The only damage was to the cabinet the microwave goes in. The guy didn't buy it with one and just put a regular one in. We are assuming it fell out and tore the trim piece on the right off. But its nothing that can't be fixed. Would love to know what others have done with this cabinet, where/what kind of convection microwave to get to go in there/or should I just stick the toaster oven in there and be happy.
Pudderpod
2010 175
2007 Pacifica 4L
The E Train View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 9:42pm
First of all... You put "help" in the title of your post and got no responses? Shame on us.....

That being said, I don't have that model, but I would imagine that your dealer (or camping world, or the like) can outfit you with a convection microwave that'll fit just fine. It was probably an option that wasn't selected when it was first purchased new and you should be able to get a replacement one that fits without too much difficulty. Convection micro's give you the best of both worlds when cooking. 

And I would not put a toaster oven in there - they generate a lot of heat and do not usually have a fan to get rid of the heat build up. Just my humble opinion.......
"What happens in the POD, stays in the POD."
2002 Dakota (pulling a) 2012 R-Pod 176T
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 7:52pm
Ummm, help....hello....hello?  Help?  Close.

Still have a microwave...so...I have a microwave.

Enjoy.
The McLane's View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 9:51pm
Haha.....what's that all about.

For us, won't get a microwave until maybe next spring. Still have to make repair to the cabinet.
Pudderpod
2010 175
2007 Pacifica 4L
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 11:28pm
   Welcome aboard!   Should be able to order the micro-convection oven from the dealer or through Forest River direct. We have one and have used it a few times as an oven, more as a microwave. Might be able to order some repair pieces to repair the trim from Forest River too if you can not find a match or the correct color stain at a hardware store or home center.    Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
 Post Reply Post Reply