FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLazydays in Tampa, FL - Event Date: 01 Sep 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Lazydays in Tampa, FL
    Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 6:01pm
Hi All,
We picked up our GypsyPod R-177 this week from Lazydays in Tampa, Fl located right where I-75 meets I-4 so it's very easy to find.  This place is unbelievable.  Outstanding customer service from everyone we dealt with.  Saw the unit online and sent an email and had a great salesman come back with a price that I liked and they never changed it once I got there.  They have a delivery campground where they want you to camp overnight to make sure you know how everything works.  They assign a delivery advisor to you who goes over the camper with you and explains everything.  They also give you a benefits package with lots of camping freebies.  They feed you and let you use their regular campground amenities like pool, hot tub, etc.  We didn't want to leave and stayed an extra night !!  Did I mention that they have 1,000 RV's on their lot??  And 200 service bays??  Also a Camping World, Flying J and Cracker Barrel.  The place is so big that they use golf carts to get around.  When you want to go from your camper to the cafe or anywhere else, you call security and they come pick you up.  All in all we had a great experience and we love our new Pod!!
Gypsy Edie & Joe
A Yorkie named Kona
2013 R-Pod 177 named Gypsy Pod
2005 Toyota 4 runner
Cedar Key, FL
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 8:15pm
It would be great if all dealers went to this length.  Even if they just put a 30 amp outlet on the side of their building next to their water faucet so you could stay a night (no need for everyone to have a huge campground, of course).
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 9:21pm
Wow gypsie edie, what a way to start the Poddin adventure, most of us had to struggle and figure out things, I thought we had a decent but not great selling dealer, but wow that sounds great.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
coopercdrkey View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 2:31pm
We are heading to Lazydays for our 177 delivery in a couple of days. 

So far, I can vouch for everything Edie has said in terms of friendly, professional personnel, and I'm sure that our delivery experience will be every bit as enjoyable.

Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 10:09pm
gypsy , where is cedar key ? Donna and I are going to Key West in Oct, not with the pod yet, but when we retire maybe.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
GypsyEdie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 10:37pm
Hi Dane and Donna,

Cedar Key is an island in central west Florida about 1 hour west of Gainesville and 2-1/2 hours north of Tampa.  It's a nature lover's paradise and has an old Florida charm to it.  It is far from Key West which is at the southern tip of the state.  Check it out at Cedarkeyguide.com
Gypsy Edie & Joe
A Yorkie named Kona
2005 Toyota 4 runner
Cedar Key, FL
coopercdrkey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 5:53pm
We, (my wife and I and our two Cocker Spaniels), arrived at Lazydays Tampa on Wednesday morning at 9:00 am, as scheduled.  Our salesman was just about to get out of an early morning meeting, (I think they have one every day!), so we were invited to visit the Cafe for a free breakfast.  We opted for a couple of coffees, and said we would be just outside with the pups.  Pets are welcome everywhere in Lazydays except the food areas, as you would expect.

Our salesman (Steve) rounded us up within a few minutes and guided us to Service Bay 35 where our TV, (a Jeep Grand Cherokee) had been pre-scheduled for a wiring harness with brake controller, and some hitch work.  Then we were given a full tour of the facility via golf cart before being taken to our new R Pod 177 in the Delivery Campground.

Our new baby had been fully checked out, detailed, set up with shore power, A/C running, etc. for us. After asking if there was anything else we needed, (there wasn't!), he told us to expect our delivery expert within a very short time to walk us through every aspect of our new 177.

As promised, Ken arrived within a very few minutes, and while my wife took the pups for a quick walk, Ken and I went over all of the external aspects of the 'Pod.  In addition to a complete explanation of all hook-ups, drains, outlets, storage compartments, etc., he offered some advice concerning the screening of many of the vent panels against intrusion by pests that we are likely to encounter here in Florida.  He also suggested that the spare tire, mounded in s hitch / receiver arrangement, might be succeptable to pilferage, and that we might want to secure it in the tow vehicle.

When my wife returned, the instruction went inside where all of the operations of the various systems and appliances took place.

After his very thorough training session, I requested a favor-  could he give me a ride in the golf cart to the service bay where our vehicle was being worked on to retrieve a whole bunch of stuff that we had  brought with us for the 'Pod.  "Of course!" was his quick reply.  We then spent a couple of hours "decorating" our new baby.

Lunch from the Cafe was Chef's Salad-  not bad!

We were then invited by our Delivery Coordinator to visit the desk where our Lazydays Benefits Package was explained to us.  We found a number of perks and programs that we liked.  (There were a few that didn't mean much to us, but the thought was there....)

Another dog walk and pretty soon our Jeep was returned to the Delivery Campground with the wiring and hitch work done......  almost!  We discovered that the Grand Cherokee uses two different circuits for the turn signals and the brake signals.  It required a modification that was completed in about 30 minutes, and everything was fine.  (Not free, but reasonable.)

As everything was going on, we had been told that all the vehicles parked around Lazydays were, in fact, a huge outdoor sales room.  Any vehicle, including some extremely luxurious motor coaches, were open for us to inspect.  Wow!  Some of them looked like luxury suites at a fancy Las Vegas hotel!  Fun to see, but way out of reality, (for us, at least).

With the Cocker Spaniels fading fast, and after an exciting but tiring day, we all retreated to the air conditioned comfort of our R Pod to start winding down.  Supper was take out from the Cracker Barrel which was almost literally on-site.  I had planned a quick cocktail at the "Exit 10 Lounge" over in the class 5 Lazydays campground across the road, but I faded before I could pull it off.

Sleepy time....

Thursday morning we had a service tech arrive at our site precisely at 8:30, as promised, to take our 'Pod back to service for a minor problem.  The gray water tank showed "full" on the monitoring panel.  I questioned why a brand new trailer should have a full gray water tank.  Turns out the tank was, in fact, full!  While detailing and setting up the 'Pod, the sanitizing procedure for the fresh water tank, (I won't go into details, but you probably know), resulted in a full gray water tank that someone forgot to dump.  AOK!

We spent those few minutes visiting the on-site Camping World where I picked up a couple of trinkets, and a hitch lock which I needed for the ride home.

The R Pod towed flawlessly at 60 mph all the way back to Cedar Key.  (Well, not through Homossassa and Crystal River, but you know what I mean.)

Home now with a couple of pooped puppies, and a beautiful new "EscapePod"* awaiting our next adventure.

Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter

*I know we are not the first to name our 'Pod as such.  Appologies to the originators!

Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
GypsyEdie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 6:28pm
Hi Bob,
Your delivery sounded a lot smoother than ours, but we arrived the day after the storm and they had double the deliveries so we had to wait.  But then we got to stay 2 days and enjoy the pool, hot tub and exit 10!!!
Gypsy Edie & Joe
A Yorkie named Kona
2005 Toyota 4 runner
Cedar Key, FL
Podder wannabe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 7:14pm
Hi gypsyeddie,
 We're interested in the rpod 177. I tried to post a message earlier and messed it up, so will try again. We live in crystal river, and I noted you took delivery at lazy days and live in cedar key. Would you consider letting us come up and have a quick peek at yours? It's difficult to find a place nearby to see one. We love cedar key! Thanks in advance.
Deb & Neil
GypsyEdie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 10:13pm
Sure thing, you can come over and see the pod, it's actually in Rosewood which is only 45 minutes from Crystal River.  We also have a restaurant in town called: Kona Joes Island Cafe if you come over and then you can follow us home.  The number at the shop: 352-543-9898.  Let me know when you want to come over
Gypsy Edie & Joe
A Yorkie named Kona
2005 Toyota 4 runner
Cedar Key, FL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>