R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBypass Valve for Adding Antifreeze

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bypass Valve for Adding Antifreeze
    Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by TIDALWAVE

Has FR stopped providing an antifreeze 'suction' hose on the pump line?  My Pod came with an open ended hose adjacent to the pump with enough length to insert into an antifreeze gallon bottle. Just turn the divertor valve toward the open hose, turn on the pump and open the faucets.

Same here.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
RPodWeGo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 12:53am
Once again kudos to all on this forum.  After following TechTrac's winterization instructions i got to point off "turn the valves and insert hose in anti freeze jug" .  No problem for this newbie until i started to become frustrated as i was unable to find the damn hose.  Back to the forum as i realized this project was extending into the next day. Thanks to the smart search function it tells me "i'm hosed".  LOL.  Tomorrow i'm off to Home Depot to buy parts to create a bypass system.  Thanks all.
RPodWeGo
RPod 177
04 v8 Toyota 4Runner
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 7:53am
For the life of me, I can't figure out such stupid move on the part of FR, not to install the bypass kit on all units/models.  That just a crappy way to cut-costs if you ask me.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:47am
Maybe it's a model year thing.. prior to late '11, they don't have black water flush systems either. We are going to add one.. but in therory, we shouldn't have to, because for 2011, they include one.. of course '11s have the new graphics too.. we don't.

Or an east-west thing.. two different factories, and it is a fact that the west gets a different "package" then us.. ?
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Little Sweet Pea Pod

Once again kudos to all on this forum.  After following TechTrac's winterization instructions i got to point off "turn the valves and insert hose in anti freeze jug" .  No problem for this newbie until i started to become frustrated as i was unable to find the damn hose.  Back to the forum as i realized this project was extending into the next day. Thanks to the smart search function it tells me "i'm hosed".  LOL.  Tomorrow i'm off to Home Depot to buy parts to create a bypass system.  Thanks all.

=====================

If you're not in a big hurry check out the Camco Winterizer Kit on Amazon. Comes complete with everything you need, including teflon tape and a dip hose for the antifreeze bottle. Not sure if you can buy all the parts for that price ($14.99)

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-36543-Pump-Converter-Winterizing/dp/B0006JJ588/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_2

'Slogger
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 5:45pm
What model Pod do you have? Some Pods have the antifreeze intake hose located in different parts of the Pod than other models.
If you 'reply' and give the year and model Pod you have...I am certain that another member will know if your Pod has the hose and where it is located.
TIDALWAVE
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 8:13pm

I think there have been enough reports of "no hose" here that it sounds like they have in fact removed it.  As Nascar said, its a stupid move.  Just like not including a battery cutoff switch or plug.

All campers must be winterized.

All campers must disconnect the battery between trips.

It would be like removing the light switches on the interior fixtures.  Who needs the lights off to sleep, and hey it saves the cost of all those switches.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
RPodWeGo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 1:19am
Thanks all for commenting on Forest River's decision not to have a winterization bypass system on the 2012 Hood River 177 models (I can't comment on other models). Slogger is in Wyoming, others in Oregon and myself in Utah all have the same comment, "what the heck"?  
RPodWeGo
RPod 177
04 v8 Toyota 4Runner
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by furpod

Maybe it's a model year thing.. prior to late '11, they don't have black water flush systems either. We are going to add one.. but in therory, we shouldn't have to, because for 2011, they include one.. of course '11s have the new graphics too.. we don't.

Or an east-west thing.. two different factories, and it is a fact that the west gets a different "package" then us.. ?

Wow.  I hadn't realized any models had this.  Wish mine did.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 9:16am
Our 2011 177 was made in Indiana and has the winterization hose, blackwater flush, and new graphics.  It was made late enough so it came with the light bar and didn't need to be recalled for it.  It sounds like folks without the hose have pods made in the west.  Is that right?  Is it east/west?
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>