R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBypass Valve for Adding Antifreeze

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bypass Valve for Adding Antifreeze
    Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 9:19am
After a rather extensive perusal of my 2013 171HRE and checking under the bed, and taking off the panel in front of the kitchen sink to expose the water pump, I DO NOT have a connector for winterizing.  Just ordered the Camco unit from Amazon.  Guess they removed this and leave it up to the owner to deal with winterizing.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Keith-N-Dar

Is that right?  Is it east/west?

We have a 2011 171 HRE (west coast edition) and it also has blackwater flush, but the winterization hose is literally a loose hose with a fitting on the end (no valve). The intake side of the pump gets unplugged and the "winterization hose" gets plugged in instead.
duck42 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 5:05pm
Note to Forest River:
Don't you folks ever read these comments on the forum? It would be nice if you could shoot the forum a message when a simple maintenance change occurs such as the one pertaining to the apparent disappearance of the winterization RV antifreeze hose and valve  in the 2012/2013 RPOD models so we would not spend all our time describing a non existent hose and location to a baffled new RPOD purchaser who actually doesn't have what we are describing . Every previous RPOD has had the RV antifreeze hose and valve, albeit in various locations since 2009. The new coupler and short length of hose looks like a cost cutting step for Forest River  but does not appear to be very user friendly compared to the old valve hose arrangement and comes as a bit of a surprise to fellow RPODERs trying to help other PODERS. A technical note from the factory when this controversy started about a month ago would have been put this to rest and would have been much appreciated. Thanks!Embarrassed
duck42
Podsible Dream View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 10:25am
Duck42,
My impression from being part of both this and the Rpod Nation forum is that FR participates in only the Nation forum, and for unknown reason has not joined this one. Perhaps some of the 'rogue' nature of the genesis of this forum still exists in their thinking.
Maybe a serious invitation to them to join the owners' forum is needed. We are up to over 1000 members, and to my eye, more active by posting participation than the other.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
duck42 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 10:48am
We do speak freely on this post, don't we? I hope Forest River appreciates our constructive comments and also takes notice of some of the perceived problems that users experience. The RPOD is a nice concept that should benefit form user input and continuing attention to quality construction and control at Forest River.
duck42
RPodWeGo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 3:42pm
Agreed with your comments that FR at the minimum needs to monitor the forums.  Customer feedback is important to all manufactures. Note to self, email Kirsten @ FR. Suggest to monitor forums and send a dang valve to those in need, we'll do the labor. 
RPodWeGo
RPod 177
04 v8 Toyota 4Runner
marwayne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 4:57pm
I also agree that there is more action on this forum than the other, but what I realy like is, that there is a record of the people that have been on line every day.
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 10:25pm

Yeah, we are the wild ones over here, breaking away from the pack and going rogue.  Cool to hear that this may now be the "mainstream" forum.  Hug

marwayne, the other forum used to have the list of logins at the bottom, not sure why they removed them.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
P&M View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 8:33am
I would be surprised if someone from FR wasn't checking the two forums from time to time ... it would be a rather bad business decision if they didn't.  I really appreciate this one much more than the other one, having spent a lot of time on both researching the Pod's before buying, but the number of "rah-rah" posts about FR on the other one basically pushed me away.  The fact that this is independent as an owners site and not sponsored by a distributor appeals to me more, and I never even go to the other one anymore.
P & M ... and Comet too!
2012 171 -- The Monkey Pod
2018 Ram 2500
TIDALWAVE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 11:09am
It appears that FR no longer installs the Antifreeze pickup hose on the R-Pods manufactured on the West Coast! Seems FR wants to save a couple of bucks. If so, why not make the pickup hose an 'option'? Not all of us want (or are capable) to crawl under cabinets, cutting and splicing hoses.
TIDALWAVE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>