R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBypass Valve for Adding Antifreeze

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bypass Valve for Adding Antifreeze
    Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 11:24am
Originally posted by TIDALWAVE

It appears that FR no longer installs the Antifreeze pickup hose on the R-Pods manufactured on the West Coast! Seems FR wants to save a couple of bucks. If so, why not make the pickup hose an 'option'? Not all of us want (or are capable) to crawl under cabinets, cutting and splicing hoses.

Kind of makes you wonder about FR.  If cutting this was the only remaining choice to cut costs, what does that tell us of the quality of everything else that's being used to fabricate the RPOD?  If cutting the "winterization kit" was what they came up with, I'd be concerned about the "quality" of the components which are being used for everything else.

Are all the RPODS now coming with that corner shelf in the wet-bath?  Why not do away with that.  From what I've read, many folks don't like it due to the fact it's taking much needed space from an already crammed area.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Podsible Dream

Duck42,
My impression from being part of both this and the Rpod Nation forum is that FR participates in only the Nation forum, and for unknown reason has not joined this one. Perhaps some of the 'rogue' nature of the genesis of this forum still exists in their thinking.
Maybe a serious invitation to them to join the owners' forum is needed. We are up to over 1000 members, and to my eye, more active by posting participation than the other.

They have had several personal invitations to join this site.  They are aware of it but for some reason they wish to support a Dealer's site vs an owners site.  Forest River preaches about buying local and not just going for slick cheap internet sales person but skips taking that advice.  Forest River has listened to ideas and made changes if you look at the early models to the later models. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345